Metamask extension accounts HACKED w/o keys?

Yah same thing happened to me just now, just transferred to my metamask wallet to transfer to ronin and guess what happed…i got no freakin balance, as in 0 cent…wtf is happening, its not even showing on the activity list!!!

1 Like

Same thing happend to me yesterday . Did u go to open sea and enter seed phrase ? There was a fake site I must have clicked yesterday . And when I entered my seed phrase , hrs later 4500 worth of art and eth gone . I’ve submitted police reports , tickets to both meta and open sea . If anyone has a real way we can get our funds back . I am taking to somone on upwork to see if they can help .

1 Like

To the hacker that has stolen my funds. $50,000 approx.
BSC - 1454 Cake = $28500 BUSD $3443 USDC $1343 Safemoon $2984

I am currently in lockdown and have no income.
Please do the right thing and return ASAP

0x65a4cA84dAC38Ae67564757BA286a6E3644609E6 - Wallet with stolen funds. BSC
0x65a4cA84dAC38Ae67564757BA286a6E3644609E6 - Wallet with stolen funds ETH

1 Like

Think you’re right. KMS exploit was their vector to access. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

same here, what is metamask doing, where is the security of this wallet, I have never had problems with brookers like coinbase or binance.
very sad, I will never use metamask again

1 Like

i got hacked as well. im pregnant, and the money in metamask is all for my child
this sent me to a major crisis mode
so hackers, you will get your karma for doing this. GLuck with your pathetic lives

How to get funds back?

I believe I did this same mistake yesterday as Metamask told me to setup my account on the computer to fill in request about limit. I only had it on my iphone before and did not want to set it up on the computer because of safety.

After that I lost all my tokens on the account.

I installed a Metamask extension from Google chromes shop and of course thought it was correct as it is in their store.

What should I do now?

I have removed all of the extensions in both Chrome and Edge

Should I change recovery phrase?

Is that possible?

Here is the one who stole mine ILV
0x9e045cfBd3A3992CD52c98A860bB2c961F14f884
Why are @Metamask not doing anything!!!
This is really serious!!!
They must catch these guys or pay everyone back!!!
Waiting for answer from the support.
Probably via Metamask on google chrome. Which they have known about for long time.
Are @metamask involved???
Really bad!!!

Seriously doubt it’s metamask from google chrome or else there’d be a lot more people upset and google would have pulled compromised app by now.

I think more likely your desktop computer was compromised by keylogger so installing metamask on desktop google chrome allowed thieves to snipe access to your wallet, like what’s been reported previously on this thread.

Metamask isn’t responsible if you were compromised by a keylogger.

Mine was hacked in late June. Nothing from MM but “sorry” and call the police. Hack didn’t come from key logging as some here are suggesting. Fact is MM security is a POS. Now to add insult to injury to move my collection to another wallet I am required to do each piece individually paying gas fees.
I am tracking my hacker’s transactions on Etherscan but not sure what more I can do.

Track his wallet. You could try posting messages on his etherscan page’
I have heard of some hackers having an attack on their conscience and returned stolen funds. I’m going through the same and trying to negotiate with my hacker. $50K
It’s a long shot but stranger things have happened.

2 Likes

Damn! Mine is pennies compared to you. Have you tried Blockcyper to track where the ETH went? Paste the transaction number and it will show more details. I am not quite sure how to do it but if you can find a BTC address you can look up on Bitcoin who’s who .com

Check and make sure you didn’t try to restore your account on or visit MM .COM. also if you reloaded the Chrome extension from the .COM website.

It should be .IO not .COM

If you did they stole your info there.

It happened to me and metamask hasn’t done anything

Same here.
I sold NFTs on OpenSea and on August 12th my MetaMask was hacked and all eth was transferred out.

Has anyone been able to get their funds returned?

This is the address it was sent to
0x0945198dd98c78D88568004D775E33800CFE4BFa

Transaction hash 0x4116c914909c1fd4f30c1407cbde33c5c64a90289087bbffbb08cdfeda7808a1

1 Like

You can post a message on Etherscan by using the wallet address.
If the hacker reads the comments associated with wallet then say what ever you need to.
You can then track it to a exchange as it will be sold for fiat currency.
If you tell the hacker you will follow it all the way they may think twice and return it or leave it in that wallet out of spite.
Exchanges have stolen funds policy. Are you willing to track for how long?
Most will give up which is what the hackers are expecting.
Give the case to reclaimcrypto

As you can see in this thread thera are MANY people that got their funds transferred from Metamask.
My desktop is brand new and I dont download anything on it.

Only reason I connected my wallet was because you told me to do so even though it was meaningless as I am not a US citizen.

You say yourself that it is a fake Metamask extension on google and that you are waiting for answers regarding it!!!
That means you know about it.

I have not been compromised by a keylogger!
I need you to fix this now.

“You say yourself that it is a fake Metamask extension on google and that you are waiting for answers regarding it!!!
That means you know about it.”

What you’re saying is that you got phished. You downloaded what you thought was the metamask extension or update that was in fact malware that gave hackers access to your wallet.

I’m sorry to say this is the oldest trick in the book and has been around just about since the dawn of time, or at least the dawn of the internet.

While tragic, what I want to know is why you think metamask is responsible for your loss? Metamask was fraudulently misrepresented by these hackers too as they stole from their users.

Face it, If hackers replaced playstore metamask with malware then your beef is with google since they would be the ones who were compromised, not metamask.

You’re sadly barking up the wrong tree.

Metamask support must be run off their feet with these kind of issues.
Whilst I don’t think any nefarious activities done on Metamask side.
It would be great to see more education or software improvements to the wallet.
Never give out password or passphrase is pretty insulting to most who have lost money due to a wallet hack. I know because it has happened to me recently.
It’s not surprising why big money won’t be coming into Defi for a very long time.

Hi,
What are your arguments to the hacker to motivate him to restitute the stolen money or than please?

They can have 30% of the BSC and ETH stolen = $18000 approx.
I walk away. Will not pursue it. If not I will track to the end of days or give it to reclaimcrypto and they will use their bots to track all the way to exchanges.
It will cost me more but they can enforce criminal charges.