MetaMask Mobile - Invalid amount

There seems to be a bug in MetaMask mobile app and I found a lot of topics with this problem, but all topics are closed with no solution. I already contacted support (agent conversation) and they redirected me to forum and forum redirects you to agent converstation? I think that MetaMask team needs to be aware of this, since there IS a bug in mobile APP.

You can see detailed description of problem here: (https)://forum.moralis.io/t/metamask-invalid-amount-in-metamask-app-on-iphone/14363/20

Other topics about that problem:
(https)://community.metamask.io/t/metamask-mobile-invalid-amount/19663
(https)://community.metamask.io/t/invalid-amount-error-in-the-transaction-i-created-with-web3js-metamask-mobile/19034
(https)://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/126327/metamask-mobile-token-transfer-invalid-amount-error

Heya,

What’s the issue that you directly are having, getting the example will help. Example, you have 30 UNI tokens but only 2 are showing up, etc.

Are any of your balances showing in orange?

One last question - did you got to the live help desk agent through support.metamask.io , clicking the blue square “start a conversation” bubble and they redirected you to here?

Thanks!

1 Like

All details are in URL I provided, but okey, I will write the problem here again.

I am using Moralis for simple token transfer from one wallet to another. My code:

And this works great on desktop (Chrome MetaMask plugin):

But when I wanna use this on my phone - iPhone (MetaMask app), I always get error “Invalid amount”, and I don’t understand why, since I am executing same action.

I also tried sending ERC20 directly with ethers.js something like this:

Same. Works only on desktop, on mobile I get error “Invalid amount”.

I tried to send MATIC directly with ethers.js, and this is working on both desktop and mobile. My code:

I can send BNB on binance chain no problem, also MATIC on mumbai polygon chain, native works on desktop and mobile. But ERC20 works only on desktop.

Searching for solution I could see that many people have same problem, but there is no solution to this problem.

One last question - did you got to the live help desk agent through metamask.support.io , clicking the blue square “start a conversation” bubble and they redirected you to here?
Yes I did, they redirected me to forum.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m betting that help desk also put in a ticket for you but I’ll pass this information along too. I appreciate you sending the detail. In addition to the links you provided it’s really helpful to see what you’re experiencing. My apologies, I didn’t realize one of the posts you may have shared was actually your post on a different site; it doesn’t hurt we have it here too! Just provides a more detailed and clearer picture.

2 Likes

Thank you. When can we expect explanation what is going on? We are working on some project and this is kind a core thing that it needs to work. :confused: Don’t know what to do.

Heya! Have you tried reinstalling the mobile app? Assuming you have your secret recovery phrase written down before you do this, but - could you give this a try?

Yes I did. It’s not working. I am not the only one with this problem. Its general problem.

1 Like

Thanks for attempting it, really appreciate the feedback on steps taken. Realize it’s very basic but at least knowing you tried helps with the basics.

Would you be willing to report the issue on Github? Issues · MetaMask/metamask-mobile · GitHub

Another community spot is the MetaMask devs keybase page : Keybase

1 Like

Heya,

Wanted to share a Github someone shared with me in case it helps at all. Also, still have your question out internally too. :

2 Likes

Wanted to share I got notice that someone should be looking into this. Will keep you posted.

2 Likes

Hi @PoorMillionaire ,

There should be a fix rolling out on this soon in an upcoming update.

That is awesome to hear! And sorry about no response about Github topic. After a lot of testing there is actually a problem with gas as its stated in Github topic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.