NFT purchased on Open Sea not showing in MetaMask

Same issue mate. Got the purchase done but unable to add to my wallet on the mobile app. This has got me worried. Added the token ID and address but says you don’t own it. It does show it on the opensea page.

I have a similar issue. I’m developing on ethereum and in my local blockchain I deploy a 1155 and mint a bunch of tokens and set the receiver. But when I try to add the contract address into metamask, the tokens don’t really show up in metamask that have been minted.

Dear all, same problem in here. Is it a scam on opensea? Did I buy a something but the owner is not me? If so, why I can see the artwork on my opensea collected? So odd and strange. Thanks!

Yo has your problem been solved. Just noticed my nft address was the same as in the image you’ve posted. Cyberpunks?

I bought my first today and I’m having the same problem. I logged out of OpenSea (through the MetaMask app browser), cleared everything, logged back in with my MetaMask account (I only have one) and still says I don’t own the NFT.

I also faced the above issue. I used computer to buy NFT, it cannot be shown on metamask mobile apps but can be shown on opensea account. I have tried to follow the instructions to add back NFT, but it claimed I am not the owner, what can I do?

i have the same issue… however i also bought a NFT from the bored bananas collection and that one shows up fine on the mobile metamask wallet. i think the NFTs that are bought from a verified collection appear on the mobile metamask app. the ones that arent verified only appear on opensea when you are connected with the metamask wallet through chrome…

I have somewhat same situation. My transaction for an NFT went through and I was charged but in ethereumio there is not contract. I also see the NFT is owned by some one else. I emailed moonpay but not response. I pretty much bought an NFT and dont even own it. no refund. Anyone gone through this?

Is it okay to leave NFT in open sea and not put it in wallet. I m having hard time adding them to metamask under nft/add nft…

So can you still sell the NFTs shown solely on opensea but not on metamask wallet?

I have not tried my one, because I would like to hold it for a while, however, just not sure about the above issue.

Hello dear Community :slight_smile:

Same problem here : NFT bought on metamask (only one and not the others… :-/).
I can see it on my OpenSea Acount (both on phone and computer) but can’t add it to my Metamask phone wallet (say that I’m not the owner).
I had already do the same protocol for others nft and it worked perfectly but this time the contract is called “atomic match_” (Succeeded). May it is a part of the problem ?
It’s been 2 days that the situation still the same…

When i check my Etherscan adresse i’ve got the good number of tokens but the token that makes probleme is noticed as an “OpenStore” : Token OpenSea Shared Storefront

Looks like a contract incompatibility ?
Best,
J

Hi all, anyone manage to solve the above issue?
please help!

By all the replies here you can see ‘IT DOES NOT WORK’ when you add the contract address and ID to the metamask APP.

I have NFT’s that I minted and purchased on opensea they show in my browser and metamask EXT and Metamask APP.

I have NFT’s that were minted first, then dropped into my opensea account. They show in the browser EXT but NOT in the Metamask APP.

When you try to add them manually it says ‘you are not the owner’

I think the issue with contract address occurs when the NFT is sent/airdropped rather than minted or sold/bought

I think your engineers need to look at that issue

Regards

Hello, I am having the same issue. I have tried the copy paste contract address and ID, only to get 'You are not the owner" even tho I am the owner when logged into OS.

Hello ,

I’m wondering if anyone can help. I’m trying to manually add my tokens to my Metamask wallet now I’m inputting all the details correctly and have confirmed on etherscan that i own them but they will not show up

Do you have any further support questions?

You can talk directly with expert members of our community via a chat interface. If you have any further questions relating to this topic, please feel free to chat with a community expert here.

Do NOT ask critical or urgent questions you may have (i.e. related to account security or MetaMask swaps) via the alpha chat platform. For those types of issues please get in touch through our usual Support channels here. Any other questions you have we highly encourage you to ask the experts on the chat platform first.

As always, NEVER share your private key or Secret Recovery Phrase [seed phrase] with anyone!

The platform hours of operation will be from 7:00 am GMT (UTC +1) to 4:00 pm GMT.

Disclaimer: the platform will still be open but support will not be provided on weekends.