Non-base58btc character

I keep getting this error. Once, I was logged in and only checking balances and it popped up not allowing me to do anything else. I ultimately uninstalled the extension, reinstalled it, imported seed phrase, used network key to add 2nd wallet, revealed the NFTs, switched back to main to to do the same and have now gotten this error again. MetaMask is acting unusable at this point and I will uninstall and reinstall again.

1 Like

Ok, same thing. Both wallets functioning fine until I click the import NFTs button, then this error. I don’t even have any new additions. The NFTs in the wallet have been there a while.

1 Like

hi. hope other friends can help you. :smiley_cat:

If there is no valid answer, you can contact the support team.

• Visit : https://support.metamask.io/
  • Click the large blue “start a conversation” bubble in the upper middle of page, looks like this:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

2 Likes

I spoke with two different people in the support chat. They have opened a ticket for me. At least now I reinstalled enough times to identify where the error occurs and can get into my wallet and move around in there but if I click on the NFT tab, it will give me this same error.

Hi @user2260 -

Please do not spam the same response in multiple threads. To share in this thread a response to your post -

MetaMask is a self-custodial (also commonly referred to as non-custodial) cryptocurrency and token wallet. It gives you complete control of your access keys and therefore your assets.

‘Self-custodial’ refers to the fact that it’s you (‘self’) who holds your wallet’s private key(s). A self-custodial wallet eliminates the third party between you and your crypto-assets, which is more suitable for some people.

If interested, you can read more here: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/360059952212-MetaMask-is-a-self-custodial-wallet

Security is at the core of our development. Our libraries have been audited by security experts and independent researchers. We also have a bug bounty program open to anyone, Read more about both of these topics here (includes audit reports): Security Bug Bounties | MetaMask

MetaMask, and most of our tools, are open source and regularly reviews - (MetaMask ¡ GitHub),

It’s crucial to educate yourself about safe crypto practices. Always be cautious about the contracts you interact with and the approvals you give. Remember, transactions on the blockchain are irreversible. Never input your secret recovery phrase anywhere online (including pop-ups that may look legit but are not), and never share it with anyone (including support). Your recovery phrase is the key to your funds and should be kept private at all times.

For an extra layer of security, consider using a hardware wallet with MetaMask. This keeps your private keys offline and even more secure. More info on this hear: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/4408552261275-Hardware-Wallet-Hub

MetaMask cares deeply about the safety of its users, it is a top priority. Along with above, when completing a transaction, remember to review the information and alerts popping up. These contain valuable information for you to review to understand what you are interacting with. We also have 24/7 Help Desk live support in case there are ever questions that you may have.

Self custodial means you are in control and that comes with responsibilities. Stay safe!

Check out these articles to dive deeper into security and safety:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.