Preconfigured network for Polygon

Would be great to have a preconfigured network for Polygon and other common ethereum sidechains/l2s. It doesn’t have to show up in the dropdown by default, but perhaps it can be a pre-configured network you can “add”.

Problem:
Ethereum is too expensive for most normal people now. New people can’t onboard and experiment without $40 transaction fees which makes it impossible to just try stuff out like in the old days. This threatens the entire ecosystem by shutting out all but the richest people and causes people to move to alternate chains. Polygon and other sidechains have almost 0 gas fees and are perfect for new users, but its extremely hard to onboard into these networks. One of the reasons is because you have to manually configure the network by hand in wallets like Metamask, which is scary even for seasoned technical people, much less the lay user.

Solution:
Put Polygon and some other popular networks as preconfigured settings that can be selected when you “add a new network”. This will make it much easier for people to onboard into cheaper sidechains where new users can play around with defi and understand crypto.

Benefits:
Increased adoption in the Ethereum/EVM compatible ecosystem. Increased Metamask success/usage

+1, please add Polygon to preconfigured rpc. And add auto network switching if possible.

25 Likes

+1 Got my vote. This would make it alot easier for new people to start using Polygon/Matics chain, wich would be good for adoption towards both ETH and Metamask.

19 Likes

I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to manually add polygon on metamask. The first time got me really upsets because of how long it took me to find the configuration details.

Please add Polygon/Matic network as a selectable preconfigured network.

18 Likes

That’d be an awesome integration and ease user experience.

17 Likes

+1. Really agree this is needed

17 Likes

+1 This would make life so much better for Polygon users

15 Likes

Adding Polygon/Matic network would be great to further the adoption of Ethereum. Especially if there is a USD on-ramp, that would be huge!

13 Likes

+1 we need a way to use ETH while avoiding high fees.

13 Likes

+1 Please add MATIC/POLYGON to Metamask by default

14 Likes

This would be a great idea, and really help to bring and integrate second layer solutions to Ethereum.

15 Likes

Totally agree. This is a great idea.

10 Likes

Please add Polygon/Matic network as a selectable preconfigured network.

11 Likes

Please add polygon (Matic)

12 Likes

This would be an awesome! +1 for MATIC

14 Likes

I subscribed just so I could give this great idea my vote. Please consider, Polygon is here to stay!

11 Likes

+1 Agree! Add Polygon/matic.

11 Likes

+1 got my vote, this is vital and should be done as soon as possible, the industry needs to constantly take steps to make things easier for users.

12 Likes

+1 Totally! This would be so useful!!

13 Likes

+1 Got my Vote ! keep going

12 Likes