Send BUSD from binance to Metamask

Hi Pratikorn first step add BSC :point_down:

Next step :smiley: click :point_right: Add Token - Custom Token -
Token Contract Address is: 0xe9e7cea3dedca5984780bafc599bd69add087d56

2 Likes

crea una nueva red RPC personalizado de “smart chain” luego añades token con este contrato 0xe9e7cea3dedca5984780bafc599bd69add087d56.
yo lo resolví con este método

1 Like

Lord Jesus is that you? Thank you soo much you just saved my day.

2 Likes

@WajeehShah The Holy Luigi :sweat_smile: hehe no no

I’m glad that you like my post :slightly_smiling_face: have nice day.

The Holy Luigi

2 Likes

[quote=“bharmon, post:2, topic:1007, full:true”]
‎Bem-vindo à Comunidade MetaMask ‎@vastu!! :fox_face: :rocket:

‎Peço desculpas pelo problema em ver seu equilĂ­brio. Primeiro, confirme que o endereço de recebimento no txid fornecido Ă© o mesmo endereço/conta que vocĂȘ estĂĄ visualizando em sua carteira MetaMask.‎

‎VocĂȘ Ă© capaz de ver o token em sua carteira, mas o saldo nĂŁo estĂĄ correto? Se sim, por favor, tente a solução encontrada ‎‎aqui‎ .

‎Se o

0xe9e7cea3dedca5984780bafc599bd69add087d56
``nao me resolveu o meu depĂłsito da binance em Busd para a metamask, poderiam ajudar?

Im having a hard time converting my USDT BEP2 balance to BNB so I can deploy my contract. I have BNB to transfer in from BinanceUS but when I input my MetaMask wallet ID in BinanceUS it says it is invalid. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome @SCMKevin to the MetaMask community.
Are you using your wallet’s public address https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015488791-How-to-view-your-account-details-public-address ?

Unfortunately I am, on the Ether network I had no issues moving coins around. But on the Binance network I’m having issues.

Would you like to give the Bridge a try https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058416351-How-to-use-Binance-Bridge-with-MetaMask-to-get-BNB-in-the-BSC

I have tried that to get the USDT from ETH to the BEP20. Could I have went wrong there some how?

what’s the full error message you got?

“The withdrawal address format is wrong. Please check the withdrawal address length and character content and try again”

This is from BinanceUS. I am using the account address from MetaMask

Let’s take a deeper look, if we can. please open a support ticket here with the address you’re using. https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Be aware of scammers and not share your seed phrase-secret recovery phrase.

1 Like

Im sending my binance peg busd to my binance wallet, but why my funds went to busd address 0xe9e7cea3dedca5984780bafc599bd69add087d56. Anyone know whats happening with my funds?

No agreguen esta direcciĂłn es estafa te roban el busd

Hi,
I have sent BUSTD from Binance to METAMASK, to the BSC main. I have added the token through coingecko in my Metamask wallet. The transaction is confirmed as successful. BUT the amount of BUSDT is still zero. Please advise what to do?

Help! I traded ETH for BUSD on the Mainnet. (I bought the ETH with Fiat on Metamask) I saw the BUSD Balance and then is dissapeared. Transaction says I send it to: “Yourself”? I then realised I might need to add the Binance smart network and add BUSD there. Which I did. However I still do not see my balance. I don’t know what to do?

@ThomasvdBurg

Post responded to in a previous topic. Please only post the same issue once :slight_smile:

Do you have any further support questions?

You can talk directly with expert members of our community via a chat interface. If you have any further questions relating to this topic, please feel free to chat with a community expert here.

Do NOT ask critical or urgent questions you may have (i.e. related to account security or MetaMask swaps) via the alpha chat platform. For those types of issues please get in touch through our usual Support channels here. Any other questions you have we highly encourage you to ask the experts on the chat platform first.

As always, NEVER share your private key or Secret Recovery Phrase [seed phrase] with anyone!

The platform hours of operation will be from 7:00 am GMT (UTC +1) to 4:00 pm GMT.

Disclaimer: the platform will still be open but support will not be provided on weekends.

2 Likes