Sent USDC to right address, wrong network. Sent via BEP-20 instead of ERC-20

I tried to purchase some items from BobcatMiner and sent USDC to the right address but instead of sending it via ERC-20, I sent it via BEP-20 Binance Smart Chain. They sent a response back when I highlighted the issue. Anyway I have posted it below. Is there a way to get this money back as it was quite a some of USDC.

I am sort of confused if and how to retrieve it.

Dear Darren,

Happy Lunar New Year and thank you for getting back to me.

According to the feedback from the refund team, you paid through BEP20 , which is a wrong chain , so that we are not able to assist you with the payment.

Please kindly note that we now only support USDC payments on the ERC20 network.

In case your transaction was sent on the wrong network, please contact your wallet support as they are in a better position to assist you. Please kindly visit Etherscan Wallet for a list of available wallet providers.

We are using a contract, instead of a wallet, for the process of payment. The payment contract cannot be changed. In this way, if you have paid with a wrong token or a wrong chain, we are not able to receive the money at all or find out where the fund goes.

We are sorry to hear about what happened. We’ve been using this analogy to try to explain to customers why we are unable to assist in this situation:

Let’s say there are (2) [#114 rooms but each room is located in two different buildings (i.e, Building A and Building B). Bobcat Miner is located in Building A’s room [#114] but your money was transferred to Building B’s [#114]). We neither have the private key of that room nor do we have any idea who owns room [#114] in Building B. As a result, there is literally nothing we can do to help retrieve your funds.

We understand it’s a difficult situation to be in and if there is anything we could do as a company to assist you in retrieving your funds, we absolutely would.

We are really sorry that we do not have good news, and I hope you understand that we cannot resolve this kind of issue.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Wishing You a Joyful Year of the Tiger!

Kind regards,
Joyce

The private keys of wallets using the same address are the same. They have private keys. They just don’t want to find it for you.

2 Likes

Thanks. That what I thought. So there is nothing I can do about it. It is approximately $1500USDC so quite a sum of money. They mentioned something about them using a contract instead of a wallet.

yes

So where is their private key to generate the address? Even if it is a contract, there is a way to get it back. What if they get hacked and lose their data?

2 Likes

Thanks 0coininMM. Spoke to Metamask support and they confirmed what the vendor said. It was my own silly fault so I have to wear the loss. I think I may just buy some more USDC and follow the vendors tutorial. It is not there fault so I can’t blame them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.