Sent USDT on Polygon Mainnet to Binance through Binance Smart Chain, didn't receive funds

I need some help. I sent USDT from my Metamask wallet to my USDT wallet on Binance using the Polygon Mainnet, but I sent it through Binance Smart Chain, and I didn’t think at the time that it was an issue. The transaction was successful, and I didn’t receive the funds. When I look up the transaction on block explorer, I can see the funds sitting in the wallet. Can I get them back?

1 Like

Heya Evan -

If I’m following correctly, it sounds like you didn’t send to the Polygon USDT on Binance?

Here is some more information on the Metamask Knowledge Base for networks if it helps -

1 Like

Metamask was set to the Polygon Mainnet. I had USDT in that account. I copied my USDT Binance Smart Chain address through Binance & sent my USDT from Metamask to that Binance address.

There was no option to use the Polygon network on Binance when depositing USDT. I just didn’t realise that I was sending my USDT through the Polygon network, because I am still not 100% familiar with Metamask. I also, didn’t realise it was going to be an issue.

TX: 0x4f035f770279dfccff0309a57cfe2fd222131af6af5a4da174bb5d74b34bc1b9

Got it - so from what I’m seeing it doesn’t look like there is USDT on polygon available on Binance.

I found this article on Binance that might be helpful? I wouldn’t do anything you’re not comfortable with but have a read through. I do not work for MetaMask so I can’t share links on here. I replaced the actual dot . before the .com in this web link with the words (dot), you’ll just have to change it back to the actual dot … for the link to work. You can see the link will lead you to the binance website.

binance(dot)com/en/support/faq/4d1347b4d6d44564ba44ea785703a4fd

1 Like

Also, it would be worth asking Binance if there is any way they’d be willing to help you. There is a chance they can but they might not do it. Worth an ask!

2 Likes

It looks like the USDT tokens were sent to the wrong network on Binance. Unfortunately, these tokens cannot be retrieved, but as @KBeeTheCapybara mentioned I would reach out to the Binance team to see if there is anything they can do for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.