"Swap failed" I am unable to swap

I am probably doing something wrong, but I am not sure what. Hopefully someone can help.

I am on the swap page of MetaMask.
I chose a the token I want to swap (doens’t matter which one I chose, get the same swap failed message). I click max, because I want to swap all of it.

I chose USDT in the swap to window. I also tried ETH just to test. Doesn’t help.

I see it fetching quotes. Gas fee is 60 usd (absurd high but that is another discussion)

When I click swap it immediately says: Swap failed.
Transaction failures happen and we are here to help. If this issue persists, you can reach our customer support at support.metamask.io for further assistance.

My tokens are on nano ledger, I have enabled blind signing in the ETH app.
What else can I do or check?

thanks

1 Like

Please take a look here: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/360058994872-Why-did-my-MetaMask-swap-fail

If that doesn’t help then reach out to the support team.

2 Likes

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

3 Likes

The chat bot is asking me:
Please provide the transaction hash/ID (beginning with 0x) of the swap you had issues with.

But I am unable to swap, there is no transaction ID
When I click swap I immediately get the message that it failed.
I have changed slippage to 4%. Same problem

Keep taking with the bot until it redirects you to an agent. If you don’t have a TX then tell the bot you have another issue so that it might forward you to an agent. You can explain the issue to the agent in details once you are connected.

1 Like

I think I found the problem. Or at least getting closer.
I have two accounts in my MetaMask. When I click on the three dots I can remove the bottom one but not the top one. Meaning the top one is my main account. But my main account is not really my main account. How do I make my other account my main account?

hi. the first account imported cannot be removed.
You can import your main account first and then import other accounts

2 Likes

FYI
I moved my wallet to chrome browser, I use Mozilla.
On chrome it works. So it was browser related.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.