Transferring from MetaMask to Coinbase

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a Target Rate. I have just over 0.8 BTC in MetaMask and tried to send some of it to my Coinbase wallet. I didn’t see the transfer in my Coinbase wallet. I was then told none of my BTC can be transferred to ANY other wallet until I purchase a higher Target Rate. Has anyone heard of this? I’m fairly new to all of this. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I was then told none of my BTC can be transferred to ANY other wallet until I purchase a higher Target Rate.

This sounds like a scam. please be careful. :pray:

you can contact support team for more help and advice.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

7 Likes

Thanks!!! That was my thought as well!! But I have BTC in my MetaMask account now. How can I then transfer it to my Coinbase wallet? It shows it confirmed, but nothing shows in my Coinbase Wallet.

1 Like

MetaMask wallet does not support BTC (only Wrapped Bitcoin WBTC) :roll_eyes: someone tricked you. What are the settings of this network?

5 Likes

I am not sure. I had to add the Bitcoin network.

2 Likes

2 Likes

What is Block Explorer URL? RPC URL?

MetaMask_add_custom_network_extension

It’s nonsense :expressionless:

3 Likes

You will have to excuse me…I’m fairly new to all this. I had to add the BTC network. I don’t quite know what you mean by Block Explorer.

2 Likes

That’s what I did to add the BTC network. It seems like everything I went through with this person is nonsense. Thanks for your help

2 Likes

You can find that data in the Settings - Networks and click to Bitcoin

5 Likes

Yes. I got it. Here are the details of the Bitcoin network I added

2 Likes

2 Likes

The Block explorer URL won’t work!!!

2 Likes

And nothing is coming up with the RPC URL. Just a blank page!!

2 Likes

It’s the Core Testnet :point_down: and not the bitcoin network

It is only for testing and all tokens are free. Without value :dollar: 0$

Currency Symbol is: tCORE not BTC

4 Likes

Hmmmm. Ok. Just trying to understand all this. Like I said. I’m quite new. Still learning

2 Likes

I hope you didn’t pay anyone for it :slightly_smiling_face: be careful and if you don’t know something, better ask.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Which network and how much ethereum balance do I have?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.