Unable to send coin to another wallet

Hi everyone. I tried my best to look through all the possible topics regarding this issue but wasn’t able to find anything (?). Just a preface that I still have limited knowledge in crypto.

Yesterday, I withdrew what I had left from my spot wallet (~400USDT) in Binance to a Private Wallet Key in Blockchain - what went wrong here was that I transferred it using BSC/BEP-20 when Blockchain only uses ERC-20 which is why the amount was not deposited. After doing research and contacting support, I found out that I can import my private wallet key into MetaMask.

_________-
I then tried to transfer this back and into an exchange (Bybit) that supports BEP20 so I can retry the original transfer I tried to do (exchange into Blockchain wallet). But in the process of trying this, I can’t seem to send it with this error occuring.

_________-
and the GWEI seems like it HAS TO BE 0 for even the next button to be clickable (tried playing around with the numbers)
________-

Another thing that I am a little confused about is, after looking up my transaction hash on bscscan, it shows that the tokens transferred were BUSD and not USDT… so are my tokens BUSD or USDT?

______-
______-
My main question would be how would I go about fixing this? To have my tokens end up in the Blockchain wallet as its final destination?
Do you have any tips/suggestions/advice on what the best course of action?

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

hi @hughie ,welcome to MetaMask community

I then tried to transfer this back and into an exchange (Bybit) that supports BEP20 so I can retry the original transfer I tried to do (exchange into Blockchain wallet). But in the process of trying this, I can’t seem to send it with this error occuring.

Transfers and transactions on the blockchain require gas. The BSC chain needs bnb. You need to deposit bnb before transferring funds. 0.01 should be enough.

Another thing that I am a little confused about is, after looking up my transaction hash on bscscan, it shows that the tokens transferred were BUSD and not USDT… so are my tokens BUSD or USDT?

USDT has different contract addresses on different chains, and the USDT on BSC is in your wallet, not BUSD. Maybe its name on bscscan misleads you.
You can use coingecko to query the contract address of the token.

Yesterday, I withdrew what I had left from my spot wallet (~400USDT) in Binance to a Private Wallet Key in Blockchain - what went wrong here was that I transferred it using BSC/BEP-20 when Blockchain only uses ERC-20 which is why the amount was not deposited.

It seems that you want to transfer USDT to Ethereum (ERC-20 )?
You can transfer USDT back to Binance first, and then choose the Ethereum chain (ERC-20 ) when withdrawing USDT. You should notice that the withdrawal fee of Ethereum is very expensive.

5 Likes

Hi @tuya , thank you for the response.

I see that within MetaMask, there is a Moonpay option…but I’m assuming it would be better to just swap $5USDT to BNB right?

oh I see what you mean

From these images, my tokens are indeed USDT, correct?

unfortunately, Binance is not operating in my province anymore (Ontario, Canada) which is the reason why I’m trying to transfer it to a different exchange (Bybit)… but the process should be the same right? Add BNB to MetaMask, transfer to Bybit through BSC, and then from Bybit to Blockchain through ERC-20?

1 Like

I see that within MetaMask, there is a Moonpay option…but I’m assuming it would be better to just swap $5USDT to BNB right?

I saw that the minimum deposit amount of moonpay is 30 USD, so you have 2 ways:

1. Buy 30 USD, you can transfer the unused bnb to the exchange.
  2. Buy bnb from the exchange, select the bsc channel, and transfer to your wallet

From these images, my tokens are indeed USDT, correct?

YES

unfortunately, Binance is not operating in my province anymore (Ontario, Canada) which is the reason why I’m trying to transfer it to a different exchange (Bybit)… but the process should be the same right? Add BNB to MetaMask, transfer to Bybit through BSC, and then from Bybit to Blockchain through ERC-20?

YES

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.