Bought incorrect crypto

Not paying attention, I had accidentally purchased Binance USD (ERC20) while on Trust Wallet, with the intentions to purchasing BNB (BEP20) to eventually swap to Binance Smartchain. Now I am stuck looking for ways to convert this BUSD ERC20 over to BNB BEP20, or at least try to salvage the BUSD to ETH.

When I begin transferring BUSD to MetaMask with the send/receive codes, there’s a warning that says only send ETH. My question here is, is this warning referring to all ERC20 tokens or specifically Ethereum only? And would this allow me to transfer my BUSD (ERC20) to appear in my MetaMask wallet?

Or if there’s any other ways to converting the Binance USD to BNB, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Welcome to the MetaMask Community @UnknownDigest!! :fox_face: :rocket:

You can receive ERC-20 and BEP-20 tokens into your MetaMask wallet, using the same address. You will need to add the Binance SmartChain and custom token to your MetaMask wallet in order to view and use your tokens on the BSC.

To transfer a token from the Ethereum Mainnet to the BSC, you will need to use the Binance Bridge.

If you want to swap one token for another, you can do so by selecting the “swap” button on your MetaMask wallet. Note: swaps only happen on the same network. You cannot swap a token from/to Ethereum Mainnet and BSC.

Make sure you have BNB tokens in your wallet to perform a swap or transaction on BSC.