I mistakenly sent my BUSD's to BUSD ERC20 contract address

Hello.

I have transferred my BUSD amount from my metamask wallet MISTAKENLY to Binance USD (Erc20) contract address which is 0x4fabb145d64652a948d72533023f6e7a623c7c53 .

My metamask wallet address is 0xab02d6db19185530325bc4f21ffd6659a1da022c.

Transaction hash is 0x73eef5dd00b75dab6a33ab0b1328739b0adbb4ed78eda5797a90e8b5cfc02092

All I was trying to do was sending my BUSDs from my Metamask wallet to my Binance wallet however ACCIDENTALLY I transfer it to the relevant contract address. I kindly ask you to reply back if there is a solution.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @selen, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Unfortunately, transactions on the blockchain are irreversible. If you would like, you can contact the Binance team to see if there is anything they can do for you.

2 Likes

Hello,

thank you for your prompt reply. I want to ask another question. My transfer is on bsccan so bsc chain. However the token address is ERC 20, in another word it is not BUSD (BEP20) token but BUSD (ERC 20). Who is the addresee for this situation since it is not binance coin. Should I contact with Ethereum.

thanks

2 Likes

The BUSD was sent to Binance, correct? I would contact the Binance team.

2 Likes

Binance told me the BUSD address that I sent is ethereum based BUSD contract address. Although I sent through BEP20, I sent it to BUSD erc contract address. 0xe9e7cea3dedca5984780bafc599bd69add087d56 this address is BUSD (binance address)
0x4fabb145d64652a948d72533023f6e7a623c7c53 this addres is BUSD (ethereum address) which I sent.

Binance told me that the address that I sent is not Binance BUSD but BUSD ethereum. I do not know how to approach. Would ETHEREUM is addresee? If so ıs there any support team of ETH?

2 Likes

Can metamask do anything because this contract address is used for importing BUSD to metamask wallet,too?

1 Like

Ah, I see.

Unfortunately, since this was sent to the token address, there is no one you can directly contact.

1 Like

hi there, i have a similar case: i have transfered BUSD from Coinbase Wallet via ETH Chain to Metamask in order to bridge it from there to BSC (i borrowed it from AAVA on ETH Chain so it´s Native ETH BUSD). It appears in MM in ETH Chain, i see it in ETH Scan, so all looks normal. But when i try to send it out or bridge it, the approval always failes immeadiatly. So i cannot move it out of Metamask again. Looks like a MM Bug to me! I was thinking BUSD might be looking for BNB Gas instead of ETH Gas in ETH Chain … which is not there of course … do you have any idea what to do?

1 Like

Hey have you been able to sort this out?

1 Like

no, i have also opened a support ticket

1 Like

Welcome to the MetaMask Community @sebochan !! :fox_face: :rocket:

What error do you receive when the transaction fails? If the tokens are on the Ethereum Mainnet, then yes, you’ll need ETH to pay the gas fee.

Is a transaction hash/id generated? If so, what’s the status of the transaction when you search for it on Etherscan? Are you using a hardware wallet? If so, which one?

2 Likes