Unable to swap Mana Token for Ethereum

Hello to you all!

Please I would like anyone who is an expert on issues regarding swaps on Metamask Ethereum Mainnet to help me resolve an urgent issue. I created a new account and this is the first time I am using it to do swapping. After purchasing some Decentraland MANA Tokens I transferred them to my Metamask wallet and wanted to swap them for ETH, but it failed. I tried it yesterday and today several times, but unfortunately it kept telling me that I need more Ethereum. I even increased the slippage to 5%, but the system rejected it. It was able to accept only 4%. Unfortunately, all my efforts to swap MANA to ETH failed.

My main purpose of creating this new topic is to find out what I can do to resolve this issue. Do I have to buy Ethereum first before doing the swap? At this moment, my balance on ETH wallet is Zero. I wanted to contact the support team to ask for a solution, but I was discouraged in the process that my request may not be attended to if I don’t include a TXID which doesn’t exist. I was advised to come to this Community instead. This is why I signed up to submit my request for help. This is the first time I am using Metamask and I am afraid that my money may get stuck in MANA forever. Please I need your help especially from those that have had a similar experience in the past and from Developers who know how the system works.

Thanks to you all in advance!

Hey @M.Mask1, your MANA tokens are not stuck :slight_smile:

You need ETH in your MetaMask wallet to pay for the gas fees to do transactions on Ethereum. Here is more information on our Knowledge Base:

1 Like

Hi, @M.Mask1 , Yes you should have ETH to pay a gas fee to swap into ETH or any other coin. Send ETH to the same wallet address and then perform the swap. it will be done

1 Like

Hi @nakedwinnie!

Thanks a lot for your response to my inquiry. I followed your instructions and was able to do the swap after I funded my Metamask wallet with some ETH. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Hi @procrypto!

Thanks a lot for your response to my inquiry. I followed your instructions and was able to do the swap after I funded my Metamask wallet with some ETH. I appreciate your help. This is a great Community of helpers.

2 Likes

Hi @M.Mask1,
I’m delighted we were able to assist you and that you enjoyed your time on this community forum. I’d want to ask a favour that will assist others in locating a solution if they have a similar issue. Please select the comment that you believe was the solution and mark it as such by selecting from the available alternatives.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.