Verifying Identification

Hello I am trying to verify my account however my active duty military ID is working as a valid ID. My state of laws allow active duty military to utilize driver licenses even after they’ve expired but I can’t use that here because it is expired and I’m no longer in that state to renew it. I don’t have a passport. Is there another way for me to verify my account? Can this be done manually?

1 Like

Who is asking you to verify your account because that sounds like someone trying to scam you.

See here: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/6286050620955-Will-MetaMask-ever-ask-me-to-verify-my-account

2 Likes

I got an email saying that my account would be come restricted if I don’t update in two days.

1 Like

That is 100% a scam. Don’t interact with it or your funds will be compromised. Your account can never become restricted because only you are in control of it and nobody else.

Please stay safe going forward and learn how to protect yourself from scams.

Read the following articles to learn more about safety in crypto:

2 Likes

Can you take a look at the article posted, sir?

2 Likes

I’ll see if it will let me upload my screenshots here. Thanks so much for sharing those articles. The email looks legit, but the address it came from was not mentioned in the list that article provided so I’m thinking it is a scam too. I never clicked on the link because I have some cyber awareness and know not to do that:

Yes this is 100% a scam. Please always double check before interacting with anything in crypto.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.