Account to Account Transaction Hijacked?!

Have transferred tokens between MM accounts hundreds of times. Never had this happen before. Eth Mainnet from one MM account to another using the “transfer between accounts link” in the MM Chrome extension. Transfer was successful but the tokens never showed up in the other account (yes I added the token). So, I look at the transaction hash which is 0xe5cd5817a2de1f1194134b74c5a91ac03ce9971a59406c577bedd49a061c172e and the oddest thing is there. It shows my transfer from account to account correctly, but shows 0 tokens transferred, then right under it it shows my tokens being transferred to another account that is not mine. I’ve never seen this before and it seems that my transfer between accounts got hijacked somehow and diverted the tokens to an account that is not mine. Any explanation as to what is happening would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Your accounts may have been compromised. Let’s get you connected to support, here’s more info, with a link to our support team: Do you think your wallet has been hacked? - READ HERE

But if you look at the wallet where the tokens ended up at 0x7f4D92A5d8Ad29c4582618FCc6204c86F7De4017 it looks like only BPAD tokens are going here. Like the contract for the token is glitched?

Not familiar with that token, so im not certain on that point. From my read, I see them heading to this address: 0x1999e8ec867cc55C555321493912017B28cCBD5c (looks like it goes through a string of wallets from there)

Didnt see it connected to any of the others that are yours from the Txn hash you posted, so assumed it wasn’t one you know.

We take unauthorized transactions very seriously, so wanted to get you connected to our helpdesk if that is an unauthorized transaction.

I unlisted this post (our protocol for your security) , but you, myself and other staff can still see it and comment.

Thank you. Will contact support immediately through chat.

OFC. Im very protective of my MetaMask family.

Support is onboarding a ton of new people right now, so they’re a little slower to respond than usual. But they’ll do everything they can from our end to help.

1 Like

Mystery solved! So the BPAD tokens were on the Ethereum Mainnet and when I transferred them to my other Metamask account, the contract swapped them automatically from Eth Mainnet to BSC and so I changed the network to BSC and sure enough, there they are. Nobody told us this would happen, that would’ve been nice :slight_smile: Anyway, can you cancel my ticket now so I don’t unduly burden anyone with the issue that is resolved now? Thanks!

Ahhh. Sorry I didn’t catch that. Same username you sent the support ticket under?

Glad to hear they were found.

1 Like

Yes, it should be under the same username

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.