Adding a new domain register for readable wallet addresses

We have launched a new decentralized register on Ethereum for truly decentralized slds. It is a handshake TLD that is locked into “anyone can renew, no one can update” state. The register for the the decentralized slds is a fork of ens and works pretty much the same way, except these domains also support DNS and HTTPS (web2) and are deployed on Ethereum. To use these domains as readable wallet addresses, MetaMask would need to add our contract address to allow this feature.

Purpose is as listed above. Adding our contract address will allow our sld holders to use their slds as readable wallet addresses

Extension would be mobile & desktop

Domains are listed on opensea - under (impervious-registry)

Hello, can you give an example of how this feature can be applied to web2?

Hi, it supports DNS and HTTPS (web2)

2 Likes

definitely excited for this and support it ! It is a fork of ENS domains using HNS as a TLD domain extension. Also can answer questions if needed (I blog about handshake at SkyInclude .com )

4 Likes

These are Web3 second level domains that can be connected/added to a traditional web2 webserver via standard dns records. Allows trustless connections between devices including small devices. Also, one small paragraph of code will check if the connecting device is Handshake enabled and switch from http to trustless DANE https. upgrading the existing web2 https to trustless.
Handshake is a “protocol”. The impervious registry uses the Ethereum blockchain as a nameserver.
When these Handshake tld owners “lock” their domain on the smart contract. they are burning the ownership on “both” blockchains, so it can never be transferred only renewed by anyone. Therefore can be trusted. The resulting domains from this registry are erc-721.

4 Likes

Simple code added to the server side will enable Handshake protocol.

4 Likes

I’m MetaMask Wallet Users since 2 years ago, this feature could be one most interesteing for the community. Thnks for the post.

4 Likes

Waiting for this feature

3 Likes

Definitely would love to see this feature!

2 Likes

Wait… MetaMask hasnt done this yet? Cmon guys and gals!

4 Likes

Can someone from the MetaMask side describe how this integration might look like? How long will it take? What’s required from the Handshake community and the devs?

2 Likes

the handshake community would love this feature to be integrated soon

2 Likes

Handshake + Ethereum + MetaMask = Digital Revolution! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Please address this issue. :heart: handyland/

2 Likes

Handshake would be an awesome integration. :star_struck:

3 Likes

This feature would be beneficial for the whole web3 space for sure. It would be great if you could prioritize this, MetaMask.

2 Likes

There’s a huge push for this and I would appreciate to have this integration into MetaMask for making my payments and requests much easier!

2 Likes

I think this would be very important to know.

1 Like

MetaMask + Handshake = Awesome

2 Likes

Just a brief description of the potential use case:

“Every token on evm chains has a contract address. When/if MetaMask resolves .contract/ , it is likely that most new token projects will buy a .contract/ SLD during launch. Also farms, lending platforms, oracles etc might acquire them for sake of simplicity.”(c) tanyel.eth

This is something that ENS can’t provide. Instead of using (example) MetaMask.contract, users need to use MetaMask.contract.eth which is a bit of a struggle. The proposed integration (HNS + ENS) will allow users to deploy all sorts of SLD on EVM chains: .contract, .token, .DAO, .front-end, you name it basically.

3 Likes