Biometric authentication doesn't work

Biometric authentication does not work when the app is inside Samsung’s Secure Folder. Outside it works normally, but I would like my wallet to stay inside the Secure Folder because that way the wallet is safer

The problem only occurs inside Samsung’s Knox Secure Folder. I recorded a video and posted it on youtube but I can’t post it here

3 Likes

Hey @fufflypanda, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Seeing the video would definitely help, can you type out the URL so I can take a look? You can type it out like www.google(dot)com

2 Likes

@nakedwinnie here

www.youtube(dot)com/watch?v=IP988_EHgSQ

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the video :slight_smile:

This is likely because your MetaMask app was downloaded outside of the Secure Folder. Try uninstalling MetaMask and downloading it again in the Secure Folder.

Here is more information that may help you:

1 Like

@nakedwinnie I reinstalled and the biometrics is still not responding. The same happens with the AirGap Vault app (I’ve already reported it to them too). I believe that the problem is not with my smartphone because the biometrics of other wallets I have, such as BlueWallet and monerujo work normally, bank apps also have no problem with biometrics within the Secure Folder

3 Likes

Sorry to hear the issue still continues.

If you would like, you can submit a ticket to our support team at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a conversation

3 Likes