Deeplink Opens AppStore When App Installed

When attempting to connect to MetaMask via WalletConnect or deeplink URL, MetaMask briefly opens up, but then the AppStore opens up as well, even though the app is clearly installed.

This started happening recently and was working fine before. I wonder if there is an issue with the universal link that MetaMask is using.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

MetaMask v4.2.2 (834)
iOS v15.3.1

6 Likes

Hey @p.estes, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

Are you doing this through MetaMask’s in app browser, or are you using a separate browser like Safari or Google Chrome?

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am developing a mobile app that connects to MetaMask directly via WalletConnect. No browsers are utilized.

1 Like

This bug is huge. Happening to everyone I know across all apps. Cannot deeplink to MetaMask (via Zerion).

1 Like

My team is suffering from this issue as of today as well. Can devs to something?

1 Like

Addressed to the team and will provide an answer as soon as possible

2 Likes

Same thing happening with my application too. Also I have checked some popular dapps, they all have this problem.

1 Like

Same here, from what I’m reading, it seems like a recent issue. I hope this gets fixed

Hi @nakedwinnie , when resolve this issue? I’m using “metamask.app.link/dapp/SITE_URL” schema for dapps

@p.estes @0xJeremy6540 @Dayman @barhantas @Mouradif @muratermis

Can you please provide more information? What device are you using, what version, when did this error start occurring? Is this only through your mobile apps?

Safari or Chrome mobile on ios, open App Store when open link, then ask open “MetaMask” app, if accept open app, then seen default screen not open dapp in browser metamask app.

1 Like

Operating System: iOS
Version: 15.3.1

When attempting to link MetaMask to Zerion on iOS devices.

After MetaMask is downloaded the Zerion app continues to deeplink to the app store, thus the user cannot connect a wallet.

1 Like

The team is aware and is investigating this issue at the moment :slight_smile:

In the meantime, can one of you open an issue on GitHub? :point_down:

yes! this has been happening to me for quite some time now. I find it only happens on certain sites and sometimes if I try a different browser, it doesn’t happen! its very annoying! lol

1 Like

GitHub issue opened, #3965

1 Like

Came across this issue over a week ago within our team (see GitHub issue #3914) - and we managed to find a quick workaround to use to prevent app store redirection while this bug is still being worked on.

Hope this helps someone!

2 Likes

I deep link into the MM app to run a small one page dapp that gets the users eth address. It should then deep link back to my app but it gets stuck in the MM browser. This is on Android.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.