Deleted accounts on iOS and restored incorrectly

Hi all

I had my 2 accounts on my iPad and iPhone. For some reason one didn’t show my proper account 2 info so I deleted both and restored.it has restored the correct acc 1 but acc2 is different

My wrapped flare is in acc 2 and I delegated so want to claim upcoming drops.I can see my missing address on the block but can’t get access to it.I’d imagine I only set up the one account as only have one set of srp

Tried the MetaMask helps but didn’t work for me.I’m sure it’s straight forward but when I try and restore using the private keys from account two it restores the wrong one again ??

Tks for reading

Hello @Zagamuffin, welcome to the MetaMask community,

The following article is related. Please let us know in case you need further assistance after reading the article.

4 Likes

Tks for the assistance again :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

It appears I restored the acc2 correctly but what threw me is the addy is different which the guide said is ok , I’ve added flr and wflr but still can’t see in MM app??? . I delegated my wflr so presume I should still see in Mm app as I can see them in flare explorer ???

1 Like

You’re welcome and I am glad that you could find your account.

On which network have you delegated? To see your assets, you had better first check your account on the relevant block explorer. There you can find all the assets in your account. You can check the contract address for those assets on the block explorer as well. Make sure that you have imported the correct contract address.
The following articles are related.

Please let us know in case you need further assistance.

1 Like

So I rechecked my known (missing) address on flare explorer and can see my wflr and flr balance, I added the contract they are attached to but no difference

I also checked the two address of my current acc1 and acc2 and they show no token balance ???

If the tokens are seen in the block explorer under your account, then they are in your account.

Have you added the Flare network to your MetaMask wallet? You need to add the contract addresses of those tokens under the Flare network.
To add the flare network, use the following link and search the network and then add it to your MetaMask wallet. Please remove the 2 spaces I inserted in the link.
https:// chainlist .org

P.S.: I think there may be a misunderstanding. Do you still have a missing account?

1 Like

Hopefully getting closer to a fix

I have flare added yes and I used your link to add again but says I already have it :grinning:

I have two ACS acc1 and acc2 showing in MM but acc two address is different to the original one
It’s this original one I can see on flareexplorer and my token are there but not in my app

As far as I understand from what you mentioned, both accounts are under the same Secret Recovery Phrase. If that is the case, and if the missing account does not have ETH on the Ethereum network, you need to create the accounts manually, until you find the one you are looking for.

Please refer to the following article in this regard and let us know if you need further assistance.

P.S: Another option that you may want to try is: sending a small amount of ETH to the missing account on the Ethereum network and restore the wallet again on another device using Secret Recovery Phrase (SRP). NOTE: I assume that both accounts are under the same SRP.

1 Like

Hey again

I’m just after locating three more srps so as I added Eth to acc1 and acc2 and no wflr appeared I’m thinking acc2 was maybe imported from one of the other three srps. I didn’t realize I had them sorry .

Makes it more complicated but at least maybe explains why can locate the wallet but can see it clearly on flarenet sitting there

That may be the case. You need to investigate all your accounts carefully.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.