Display of transaction details in Metamask

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the display of transaction details in MetaMask.

Background: I funded a PrimeXBT account via MM (USDT on BSC) some time ago and now ran into problems with a withdrawal. Quoting PrimeXBT:

In order to release your withdrawal we still request you to provide us with a screenshot from your wallet/platform/exchange account for the deposit made on 26 Aug 2023 ID 5248358 showing the destination address, the hash of the transaction, and the name of the platform.

I switched notebooks since I made this transaction and lost the MM activity log (that caches data locally I assume?)

I told PrimeXBT that a screenshot in the form they describe is not possible, because MM doesn’t display the data they require, and the conversation has become somewhat circular since then :confused:

Since they insist on this screenshot for about 5 or 6 emails now, I’m starting to ask myself if they are possibly right and I’m just to dumb to find out how to do that.

Can you either confirm it is not possible to make a screenshot that contains the data they require or confirm that I’m actually really too dumb, if possible with instructions how to fulfill their request?

Thanks,
Marc

PS: Please note I have no question about the transaction itself, I know what happened, when it happened and that it in fact happened. I know I can find the complete details on the block explorer. My only question is if it is technically possible to make a screenshot of MetaMask that fulfills the criteria listed in bold in the quote above.

After some more research, I’m pretty sure I’m not too dumb (at least not in this case) and there’s no way to display full, unabbreviated transaction details from within MM.

Hi, just confirming that this is related to your previous topic and why you asked about state logs?

Yes, exactly. Here’s the relevant part of the chat:

23:22, Nov 8
You: I have a question about state logs, it's probably 
easiest if you read it [here](https://community.metamask.io/t/recover-state-logs-for-lost-mm-install/27369) 
23:24, Nov 8
Hibik: I see, in this case, there is no possibility to recover 
the states if the SSD or your Hard Disc is damaged, if 
by any chance you open your account on another device, 
there is a possibility to recover those states, but if not 
and you lost your SRP, then is no way to recover it, 
as we are a decentralized wallet we do NOT store 
information about our users.
23:26, Nov 8
You: Ok, I thought so. May I ask what piece of information it is 
that is needed to download the state logs? Or are they stored 
locally only?
23:28, Nov 8
Hibik: They store locally inside some information of your 
browser, if you uninstall the extension or delete the 
browser that information is gone.

1 Like

kindly ask MM support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.