Error in using Arbitrum

Out of the blue, default rpc on MetaMask not working. Receiving errors since 5 hours ago.

Tried:
(1) clearing browser cache
(2) updating arbitrum rpc from chainlist. org
(3) switching to ankr rpc

Nothing works.

Receiving these errors:
(a) Cannot execute transaction: -32603
(b) VM31:1 MetaMask - RPC Error: while converting number to string, invalid number value ‘1e-13’, should be a number matching (^-?[0-9.]+).

Please advise. It’s extremely worrying.

I’m using brave browser.

Other chains are working - base, polygon, fantom etc.

Just arbitrum not working. If other chains are having same errors it might brave MetaMask issue and I would have reinstalled.

Any chads facing similar issues atm or from before.

1 Like

Not sure if the following method works:

• Delete the current arb network and add it again.
  • Restart the browser.
1 Like

Tuya.

Tried both but still not working.

Tried other wallet extensions (ie. rabby, rainbow) working.

Seems like a brave MetaMask issue. Anyone using brave facing similar issues?

The weird thing is it only affects arbitrum network and not the rest of the chains. Could it be some signatures that were signed.

Only signed signatures from: app.talesofelleria

Also tried on my spare pc with the same rpc/brave_browser/MetaMask_version, and this is working.

So probably a local pc/browser issue?

My brave extension works fine.

If your browser is not the latest version, you can try upgrading it.
It may be a temporary problem, maybe it will be normal tomorrow.

You can also contact the support team:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

2 Likes

my version is 11.7.2. Checked with my peers its the latest.

receiving these errors:
(1)VM31:1 MetaMask - RPC Error: while converting number to string, invalid number value ‘1e-13’, should be a number matching (^-?[0-9.]+). Object

(2)(anonymous) @ VM31:1
swap.defillama/:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: A listener indicated an asynchronous response by returning true, but the message channel closed before a response was received

i believe i found the error.

Firstly MetaMask version 11.7.0 is working for brave → tested with spare PC.

Current latest MetaMask version 11.7.2 arbitrum not working because I set the custom priority gwei to 1e-13 which generates this error below:

VM31:1 MetaMask - RPC Error: while converting number to string, invalid number value ‘1e-13’, should be a number matching (^-?[0-9.]+). Object

So either I reroll to earlier version (ie. basically reimporting all my wallets which is last resort) or…
find a way to edit the custom priority gwei to 1e-9 or lower so that the above error doesn’t occur.

But MetaMask does NOT even populate a txn due to the “priority gwei” check error. Tried finding was to edit it in settings but unable to find.

Any expert MetaMask users out here able to help find option to edit priority gwei?

hey, are you looking for this? (Market - Advanced)

1 Like

yes i am. But unable to access this since this txn window does not populate as the error checking above triggered.

so asking if there’s a way to edit without triggering a txn. For example am i able to edit this under settings or at least disable the advanced gas fee box

so asking if there’s a way to edit without triggering a txn. For example am i able to edit this under settings or at least disable the advanced gas fee box

There seems to be no such way.
In addition, starting from version v10.29, MetaMask has advanced gas enabled by default and cannot be turned off.

Wait for help from others, or contact support team as i post above. :cat:

1 Like

Yea there is no such way.

Contacted. Created a ticket. Technical team requiring state logs. Feeling state logs will divulge too much personal info.

Told them about the above error and mostly likely where it stems from - > advanced priority settings. Hoped they can help. Else i’m probably done with MetaMask.

1 Like

thank you for your help!!

1 Like

Check network📡 connection

Thanks user3720. Its working on rabby/rainbow/other wallet extensions. The issue is “priority gwei” error check by mm v11.7.2 which returns an error.

Previous mm v11.7.0 and below dos not carry out this check which allows txn window to populate.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.