Arbitrum Gas fee suggested by MetaMask requires modification

Arbitrum Gas fee suggested by MetaMask is a lot far from the Gas fee actually charged by the network. For example, the attached image shows a current transaction of mine in which the Gas fee suggested by MetaMask is above 2.1 dollars. However, the gas fee charged was around 10 cents. It is usually a few cents these days on Arbitrum. I think that the Priority fee should be set to zero in MetaMask, as Arbitrum does not charge the priority fee.

Hi @Maryam ,

Thanks for sharing this! Will pass along.

4 Likes

Great! I have seen many MetaMask users got confused these days by the estimated Gas fee on Arbitrum after the Nitro upgrade.

3 Likes

Yes, I was also a little excited when I encountered this :grinning:

7 Likes

Great news, I found out this is already something that is being worked on. The update will roll out soon! I’ll update once I hear when. :smiley:

3 Likes

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

@Maryam and @snwlprd.eth this should be fixed! Let us know if you still see issues. :smiley:

6 Likes

@KBeeTheCapybara Sounds amazing))
I will definitely let you know if something goes wrong :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Hello I know is a bit late but is possible to share PR that solves the issue pretty please :smiley: @Maryam

Hey @user2382, you can check this out here:

4 Likes

Hey, thank you so much for the feedback! So MM manage to fix $1-$2 fee amount just by removing priorityFee?