ERROR: Transaction decoding is not available for chainId 42161

Hi, I’m trying to claim Arbitrum Airdrop from my ledger and I always receive this error:
Transaction decoding is not available for chainId 42161

I have enought eth for gas, because I claimed the airdrop from another account with the same amount of eth($100) and worked fine.

[ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“data”:{“code”:-32000,“message”:“max fee per gas less than block base fee: address 0x42C14FBbB183f796be06F6EE5faB5181e9c6024a, maxFeePerGas: 6614352000 baseFee: 12015270000”}}}’

2 Likes

Hi friend! @rrigo I believe you have to set the gas price up manually and then you might get the transaction through. Currently a lot of people are claiming though so your transaction could fail.

Best regards
2Cu4

4 Likes

Hi mate,
I tried earlier increasing the fees without success, but now I could claim whithout any changes.
I think MetaMask could saw this information from the network and auto increase and decrease the fees.

1 Like

Did you find a solution? Cant make any transactions on arbitrum using my ledger.

3 Likes

I did nothing, but I have the same behavior.
I tried to send some funds without success and came here to find some answers.
MM is giving a lot of strange errors.

I received my ARB tokens and am trying to send ARB tokens from MetaMask (on Arbitrum One chain) to my binance ARB wallet:
0x8897e2a9005dd3fdcd2a472dd55ffdcf85984ea7 (on Arbitrum One chain)

But I too get an error : “Transaction decoding is not available for chainId 42161”

The problem has been solved. I had interchanged the RPC URL for ARB one chain with ARB mainnet

3 Likes

The Arbitrum Network API was been facing some delays recently due to the airdrop.

This should be resolved now :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I’m trying to unstake some Arbpad tokens on Arbitrum and when I withdraw, MetaMask how 2 warnings…(1) “Transaction decoding is not available for chainId 42161” and (2) "it says I don’t have enough ETH b/c the cost is like $5M USD. I’m scared to proceed with the transaction b/c of these two red warnings. Based on my research, it sounds like I have the wrong chain but everywhere I read, chainId 42161 is correct for Arbitrum. I assume once I get the correct chainId, the fee will change to a reasonable amount. Please help. I need to unstake these tokens.

@user1215 Hello!
Welcome to MetaMask community )

Just try do it :smiling_face:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.