Error trying to view connected sites on Metamask Chrome extension

I just started receiving an error in my Metamask Chrome extension. When I try to view “Connected Sites” for one of my accounts, I am getting an error. I rebooted the computer, logged out of Metamask and logged back in, and tried to reset the account, but nothing works. This error only comes up for one of the accounts in my wallet. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it? The error details are:

Error Details

Code: TypeError

Stack:
TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘length’)
at d (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-3.js:1:224939)
at mi (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:88791)
at Cs (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:133549)
at _u (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:119465)
at bu (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:119390)
at fu (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:116738)
at chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:75196
at n.unstable_runWithPriority (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:264670)
at Ko (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:74905)
at Jo (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:75141)
at Zo (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:75076)
at se (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:143591)
at On (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/ui-0.js:1:58563)
at HTMLDocument.a (chrome-extension://nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn/sentry-install.js:1:10429)

2 Likes

Hey @NFT_imbecile, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

The team is aware of this error and it’s in the works :slight_smile:

1 Like

GM! Having the same issue. Can you please provide a hotfix or workaround ahead of the working release? This is severely security & time critical (for me). Help is appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the fast response, appreciated!
It is an imported address (from pk), or am I understanding you incorrectly?
It might potentially have nothing to do with that, all other addresses in my MM instance are working fine.
It is supected that scammers might be exploiting this behaviour, Multiple users are experiencing this issue also, e. g. telepunks nft scam. The token approval on etherscan doesn’t show anything fishy, but I cannot check in MM which privileges the site has on my address and of course not revoke them.

Hey 0xdeadbeef,

I bet @nakedwinnie will be the best for a response on this here in the thread since they know the team was working on this issue. Wanted to share there are a bunch of impersonator attempts of them. Also, heads up, the systemMM account is trying to scam people with links.

I put in your note with the live chat support who also said they’d send to support. Figured this sounds critical. Not sure how fast they will work/respond on it.

1 Like

Hey @0xdeadbeef, if you would like, you can submit a ticket to our support team at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a conversation

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.