Ethereum sent to my MetaMask wallet by means of Arbitrum One, but it doesn't show up in my wallet

So I was sent Ethereum to my wallet, the transaction completed and it was marked as successful, however I don’t actually see anything in my wallet. The Ethereum was sent through the Arbitrum One network. What do I do?

8 Likes

You added Arbitrum One network?

4 Likes

Well I first thought it was just Arbitrum and it was all the same but I only realized and added Arbitrum One after the transaction was sent. Is that the reason?

1 Like

You can add a network even after sending the transaction. Correct eth address is important.
Check your eth address here https://arbiscan.io/ there you will see all transactions and ETH balance.

4 Likes

It was definitely the correct ETH address, the transaction is there with the exact same amount and it was successful.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: and balance shows the correct amount of ETH? On this ARBISCAN page.

3 Likes

Yes. To search I copy and pasted the address from my MetaMask wallet and I have confirmed it was the correct address. Here’s a screenshot:

1 Like

Yeah :smiley: it looks good… but MetaMask shows 0 ETH on arbitrum network?

What browser you use? Try: switch to a different network and back again.

Close down your browser where you have the MetaMask extension installed and open it again.

Make sure you’re not experiencing a browser permissions issue :point_down:

5 Likes

I use Firefox Nightly, but I just tried another browser that in chromium-based and still nothing. I also keep checking my portfolio website but still no changes, shows a round 0. I also made sure the extension has access to all websites and everything, and it does.

1 Like

It is enchanted :smile: are you looking at the right address? You don’t use multiple accounts? Accounts 1, Account 2… Or you don’t use any VPN?
Try to change the RPC address for Arbitrum One: https://chainlist.org/chain/42161

2 Likes

No I have only 1 account, and I don’t use a VPN, and the address has been the same throughout the whole time. Also, I don’t know what you mean by change the RPC address, but I looked at the website and connected the MetaMask extension, however still nothing changed.

1 Like

I meant check the Arbitrum network settings and try another rpc address from page chainlink.

2 Likes

Okay, I tried all of them, however still nothing changed. There must be a reason to why I didn’t receive the transfer.

1 Like

Weird :thinking: and other networks work well?
Try MetaMask on mobile :smile: I’m running out of ideas.

2 Likes

Don’t know if other networks work well, this was my first ever transfer to MetaMask through Arbitrum One. I just tried it on mobile too, still 0, unfortunately :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm I don’t like something :thinking: i fall asleep :sleeping: when
I checked your eth address on the site https://etherscan.io/ they are there some ETH and didn’t you send them there?

2 Likes

Yes I noticed that too at first but I presume it is a “multichain” address and the one that we see at etherscan is not mine, rather the one that I own is from arbiscan. The transactions on etherscan are not mine either, only the one transaction or arbiscan.

1 Like

That’s not how it works. You should see these ETH if that is your eth address. :pensive: I think you are using a fake MetaMask wallet or something (virus) changes your eth address when you copy it.

3 Likes

Are you sure? Because I am positive that I have the official extension, it cant be a fake wallet. Both the portfolio website (portfolio.metamask.io) and the extension have the same wallet ID, it does seem to change when copied, but the same happens when I copy other peoples ID’s from websites like etherscan, and they always differ. I’m not sure about those transactions but I just made the wallet today. I am sure that what I have is not a fake wallet or a virus, my system is very protected. Maybe something went wrong on their end? I don’t really have another explanation.

Edit: Would be weird if it was fake, how would both the browser and mobile version match?

1 Like

There are 9 networks on that eth address :point_up_2:
and you say: I use only Arbitrum network.

You don’t have a fake MetaMask wallet :dotted_line_face: but something changes your eth address when you copy it.

Download Malwarebytes :point_down: (or other Anti-Malware app) and scan your computer :desktop_computer:

4 Likes