Failed to send ETH to SBIVC

Hi,
I tried to send ETH to Japanese exchange SBIVC. I usually use Binance as my main exchange, this is the first time to send to SBIVC. Status is Send but the tokens have not been deducted from my account. Turns out they don’t accept smart contracts. Is there anything I can do about this situation? Also, can I no longer use this wallet?

Many thanks.

1 Like

Hello @bunnychan, welcome to the MetaMask community,

Please reply to the following questions so that we can better assist you.

What is the status of the transaction on the block explorer? Is it “Success”? You can find it on the transaction ID shown in your MetaMask wallet. Please refer to the following article.

Check your wallet again and see if the tokens are there. If yes, then the transaction was not successful and the tokens have not been sent.

They should accept your MetaMask account, because you have not sent the funds to the exchange via a smart contract.

You can use your wallet.

Please reply to the questions and let us know in case you need further assistance.

6 Likes

Thank you for your response. Yes, it’s “Success”.

Thanks for the response.
Please contact the exchange support (SBIVC) and share your transaction ID showing that you have deposited to that exchange. They should be able to help you.
Make sure that the support is legit and NEVER share your Secret Recovery Phrase and Private Keys with anyone and NEVER enter them on any sites.

5 Likes

Got it. Thank you very much!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. You are welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hello,

I still haven’t received my ETH back. Their response was to contact Ethereum sender support and verify the transaction’s success. However, it seemed like they were just stalling for time. Additionally, I was unable to log in to my SBI VC trade account until today for unknown reasons. Now, I’m concerned that they might tamper with my deposit address, claiming that I sent tokens to the wrong address. Is there a way for me to upload and securely store my trading screen deposit address SS?

:sweat: :pleading_face:

1 Like

Please always do your own due diligence in regards to any website or dapp that you interact with, at all times. The transaction looks to have been successful when sending it from MetaMask, the issue is with the receiving end, the exchange you mentioned. Centralized exchange addresses are custodial, you have no control over it, except through their interface/platform/exchange. MetaMask is a self-custodial wallet with which you have complete control over your funds at all times.

6 Likes

Hi @bunnychan,

I am sorry for what happened. From the image you have shared, the transaction looks successful as mentioned by Chinzilla as well.
Please check to make sure that the deposit address to which you have sent your ETH is correct. You can check it on the block explorer (click on “View on block explorer” from the top image you have shared.) There you can find the information related to the transaction. Check the transaction status as well on the same URL.
If the deposit address is correct and the transaction status is “Success”, then you can use the same URL as an avidence your ETH has been deposited to the exchange. If the cetralized exchange you have depoisted to is legit, they have to give your ETH back.

4 Likes

Hello,

The deposit address is correct. I copied it from my trading screen by clicking their ‘copy’ button. However, I have a feeling this exchange has very limited technical proficiency. If the deposit address is a Binance wallet it says so, but their address is unidentified. I deeply regret making a transfer to such a peculiar company. So I started being worried that this company, being so low-level, might change the deposit address to another unidentified address to get rid of the problem. Then I realized all I need as proof is a screenshot on my computer clipboard. Just now, I received a response from SBI VC support. They believe I didn’t send any ETH, which is why 0 ETH was transferred. They are requesting me to send it again, and they do not accept any screenshots.

Hi @bunnychan,

Via the transaction ID you can prove that you sent your funds to an address. I mentioned in my first response how to get the transaction ID. Please refer to the article:

Please read the article carefully.
Hope that helps.

6 Likes

Again I suggest you, as the first step, share the transaction ID with the exchange as an evidence that you sent your ETH to the exchange address. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

I did. I sent my sender address and transaction ID. They asked me that. They don’t have the ability to exam it :sweat:

Then, I suggest you to send both the transaction URL via which they can check the transaction details directly and an screenshot of the transaction details on the block explorer highlighting the following points: (1) deposit address, (2) the amount of ETH you have deposited and (3) the transaction status.

4 Likes

SBI VC Trade Customer Support (SBI VC Trade Customer Support)

2023/5/24 16:33 JST

This is SBI VC Trade Customer Support.
Thank you for your reply.

We apologize for causing you concern regarding the deposit of “ETH.”

We apologize for the lengthy response, but please make sure to read it until the end.

You mentioned, “I am in a situation where the sent amount is not going out, and it is causing me trouble.” Is it currently the case that 【.*** ETH】 remains with the sender?

If that is the case, could you please confirm the status and the appropriate course of action with the 【sender】 once again?
Please note that we (the recipient) are unable to investigate the reasons for unsuccessful withdrawals from other companies.

Additionally, we checked the “Transaction ID” provided by you and found that the transaction was marked as “Success,” but the quantity was “0.”

Therefore, there is a possibility that 【.*** ETH】 remains with the sender.

Based on the above situation, we deeply apologize, but regarding this matter, we kindly request you to contact the 【sender】 for inquiries, including your concerns.
*Please note that we are unable to provide further guidance or conduct investigations.

We regret that we are unable to provide further assistance, and we kindly ask for your understanding.

Once again, we apologize for not being able to meet your expectations.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact Customer Support.
Thank you for your continued support of SBI VC Trade.

*Please note that we are unable to confirm any attached images in this email.
*We will send you a survey regarding our response at a later date.

────────────────
■ [Caution] Please be aware of phishing scams impersonating SBI VC Trade ■
Announcement | SBI VC Trade | Cryptocurrency and Account Opening
────────────────
SBI VC Trade Co., Ltd.
106-6090
Sumitomo Fudosan Roppongi Grand Tower, 1-6-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Inquiries: Support Concierge | SBI VC Trade | Cryptocurrency and Account Opening
Financial Instruments Business Operator: Director of the Kanto Local Finance Bureau (Kinsho) No. 3247
Cryptocurrency Exchange Business Operator: Director of the Kanto Local Finance Bureau No. 00011
Japan Cryptocurrency Business Association, Type I Member

They don’t even provide me with the name of any individual who has the responsibility :sweat:

It says that the amount of ETH is zero. I asked you in my previous response to provide an screenshot of the transaction details on the block explorer highlighting the amount of ETH deposited to the exchange address. Is the transferred ETH zero on the explorer? If yes,

1. check your account on the block explorer to see if the ETH is still there?
  2. If ETH was sent out, check to which address it was sent?
5 Likes

OMG ETH is back and it looks okay :eyes::joy:

1 Like

Great!
I asked you in my first response to check your wallet. However, seems like it was overlooked and there was a misunderstanding.

Anyway, I am happy that the issue got resolved.

4 Likes

The balance was not zero, but it was displayed differently than usual, and I couldn’t touch my fund. The amount of money involved is not significant, but it is still substantial enough to be careful with. However, the problem hasn’t been solved, I encountered a transfer failure with an unknown cause and lost my gas fee. SBIVC is really weird like all FAQs they have about their deposit address is ‘You may not use a contract address to send your tokens.’ I must feel lucky that all I lost was just the gas fee.

I deeply appreciate your strong support :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

It is not weird. I have seen some other exchanges that do not accept depositing via a smart contract. I have already responded to you that they accept depositing via your MetaMask wallet. Please see my first response to this post.

MetaMask wallet address is an account of a public and private key pair that holds your funds which is different from a smart contract.

Thank you. You’re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes