Have to Restore Wallet Every Time I Log Back Into Chrome Wallet

Has anyone else been having problems with Chrome?

When I click on the icon to login it’s just a blank dialog box with a clocking circle and the fox logo.

I’ve updated the wallet, cleared my cache, updated chrome including restarting pc

Each time I use it I have to remove the extension, reinstall it and recover my wallet using my seed words and it works only one time.

When I go to use the wallet again I get the same blank box with the clocking circle. I have to enter my seed words every time I want to use this wallet

This isn’t particularly safe having to do this every time and it’s pissing me off.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Cheers

1 Like

Try using a different browser or reinstalling MetaMask, making sure to back up your seed phrases before reinstalling!

1 Like

Thanks xf,

Do you feel just as comfortable with Firefox with regards to security as you do Chrome?

BTW, I have to reinstall each time I use this frigen thing. It’s bizarre. All these years it’s never done this

thanks

Hi, I’ve been using Firefox and I feel fine. “frigen”? I do not quite understand, if you still have questions, please keep in touch.

2 Likes

Thank you friend. Much appreciated

Cheers

1 Like

Hey @JohnnyB, welcome to the MetaMask community! :fox_face:

This is most likely a bug that needs to be investigated further.

Please reach out to MetaMask Support.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply Winnie. I will contact support.

1 Like

use different browser

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.