I forgot Secret Recovery Phrase

Hello, I lost Secret Recovery Phrase. I lost in this way, I install the MetaMask in windows 11. After a while, I update windows 11 to 10 forgetting about the MetaMask. And so, when I set the MetaMask on the browser, I remember that I did not write down the Secret Recovery Phrase. What should I do?

3 Likes

hi @Sultanus ,welcome to MetaMask community.
Are your seed phrase and private key not backed up? Or do you have MetaMask installed on other devices or phones?
If not, your account may have been lost. :cold_sweat:
When we create a new wallet, the first thing to do is to back up your seed phrase and private key.

Why you need to store your Secret Recovery Phrase

MetaMask is not a cloud-based solution. If your device breaks, is lost, stolen, or has data corruption, there is no way for the MetaMask Support team to recover this for you. This Secret Recovery Phrase is the only way to recover your MetaMask accounts.

8 Likes

Hello @Sultanus !
@tuya is right. The only way to restore your account is to extract the seed phrase if MetaMask was installed on another device with iOS/macOS/Windows

5 Likes

I don’t have a backup

1 Like

But how to do it? How to extract seed phrase? but i know the address of the lost wallet:
**removed wallet address for safety.

1 Like

Hi!,

MetaMask prompts users to write down the Secret Recovery Phrase (SRP) because it is needed to restore. Without it, you may never be able to access the wallet.

If you are on a laptop or iOS you could try following the vault recovery system in this MetaMask Knowledge Base article:

4 Likes

hi, I did all this, I expected the main account. But when I did all this, I got a completely different account. What to do?

1 Like

Sounds like it is most likely the Secret Recovery Phrase for another MetaMask wallet you had. Have you also tried adding accounts to see if you weren’t actually using another account instead and not the first one generated by the SRP? If you had accounts with tokens on them, they most likely would have appeared as well in your list, but even so, could try to generate some to check if you haven’t had any other being used.

The account you might have been using might also be an imported account, by private key, if there’s a chance of that being the case.

I’m trying to cover any possibilities for you to recover your wallet. As you explained things, unfortunately, there’s little chance to recover your MetaMask wallet if you haven’t saved your Secret Recovery Phrase.

5 Likes

hi i am importing my account with private key and i am getting an error. What to do?

2 Likes

Can you post error messages or screenshots here?
Be careful not to post private information such as private key.

4 Likes

Uploading: image.png…

2 Likes

2 Likes

hey, this error usually occurs when you import the wrong private key.
So please make sure your private key is exactly correct and there are no spaces before or after.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.