I was deceived by spam mail impersonating metamask and exposed my seed phrase.

I inquired about the Metamask Support Center a month ago, but I still haven’t received any reply.

I was deceived by spam mail impersonating metamask and exposed my seed phrase. Fortunately, there was no financial damage, but I would like you to take action such as changing the seed phrase or wallet in preparation for the future.

There is no reply email, so please pay attention to my request from the community. Isn’t it a serious issue? My request number was #691779.

Im glad to hear your account wasn’t compromised.

We dont have any level of access to your wallets, so we cant do anything with the accounts themselves. (like change your Secret Recovery Phrases)

Best security practice is to revoke any existing permissions. (three dots > connected sites)
Then, from a device you are certain is secure, create a new user in your browser, or install a new browser (brave,edge, firefox, and chrome all are supported)
Intstall MetaMask and create a new wallet, and transfer funds to the new wallet.

If you have the info about how you were scammed (website, social media links, telegram numbers, etc) we can pass them along to our investigation team. They can help track down, and remove them to hopefully prevent others from suffering in the same way.

Heres some extra reading on security practices:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.