I'm so dumb I gave out my key phrase

Made a post here because my money I sent money from Kraken to my metamask but it didn’t go through. Someone made a post but deleted it but said to go to a website and I impulsively trusted it. I am stupid and I got scammed what should I do? I can’t find information online about what to do.

I don’t have any other money in my metamask account, but I can’t recover it because it never arrived in my account in the first place.

2 Likes

@snailcat only one thing to do, delete the wallet and generate a new one with a new key phrase. This time, don’t share your keyphrase or password with anyone. With transfers that don’t go through, contact the person or entity that you brought from. It’s not metamask. This time, it’s probably a loss. I hope that it wasn’t too much money that was in this transaction.

I hope that I was able to help some.

2 Likes

I ACCIDENTALLY SENT IT TO THE WRONG WALLET AND ALL MY MONEY IS SAFE! YASS QUEEEN!

I’ve never been so happy to be so stupid in my life!

2 Likes

Turns out I sent the money to the wrong wallet. All my money is safe. I am the luckiest git.

2 Likes

That’s good :slightly_smiling_face:, just make sure to delete the other wallet anyway. You don’t want to use the other wallet, it’s compromised.

2 Likes

Wallet has been deleted.

3 Likes