Issue Connecting to MetaMask Mobile App - "This website has been blocked from automatically opening an external application"

Hello MetaMask Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am encountering an issue while trying to connect my website to the MetaMask mobile app on both Android and iOS devices. When I click on the “Connect Wallet” button on my website, it successfully opens the MetaMask app; however, I encounter the following error message:

“This website has been blocked from automatically opening an external application.”

I have thoroughly reviewed my website’s code, and I believe it is correctly configured to connect with MetaMask. I have also ensured that my MetaMask app is up to date and that it has the necessary permissions.

Here are some additional details:

Website URL: dev.padefi.io/
MetaMask App Version:  7.6.0
Mobile Device: [Android/iOS]
Mobile Browser: [Chrome/Safari, etc.]
Any relevant code snippets or configurations: [Provide any code related to MetaMask integration]

I have also tested the issue on different mobile devices and browsers, and the problem persists. I am reaching out to seek assistance in resolving this issue as it is affecting the functionality of my website.

Any guidance, suggestions, or solutions you can provide to help me resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. If you need any further information or code snippets, please let me know, and I will be happy to provide them.

Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Tejas

2 Likes

Hello @tejas.

As a workaround try opening dapp on phone’s browser, initiate connection with wallet connect and direct towards MM, and test to see if it’s working. Let me know if not.

I have been having this same issue for weeks. Happens all the time, I always press “IGNORE” and have been able to proceed okay FWIW.

There was a long backlog today of transactions that finally just processed, I don’t suspect the matters are related, but maybe?

Hi bro,I have the same issue
are you fixed it?
Can you tell me how to fix it? if you fiexd it.

1 Like

@tejas please open a ticket: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=15901411323931

I would like to hear the solution for this issue as well…please.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.