Looking for info about how to see BSC USDT again

Periodically the BSC USDT token disappears from MetaMask… all release versions of MetaMask…

The simple fix use to be, re-add the BSC USDT, as a Custom Token using the contract address.

This no longer works. Here’s what occurs now…

1. Visit coinmarketcap → currencies → tether

2. Then, Contracts → Other → BSC → MetaMask icon

As expected, MetaMask pops up… Then USDT Token Add pops up… Clicking Add Token… just silently fails, meaning USDT still missing from Assets.

1. Or, Contracts → Other → BSC → Copy contract address

Then manually pop up MetaMask → Assets → Import Tokens → Custom Token → Input contract address, now a message emits… “Token has already been added.”

So USDT can’t be added this way either.

1. The work around is just to “know” USDT exits in the Blockchain, related to a wallet address, then visit any Swap Service - Knight, Pancake, 1Inch, etc… - which all correctly show USDT.

Someone let me know how to re-add BSC USDT to wallets, so I can see this token again.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @davidfavor

have you tried adding a token using this guide ?

4 Likes

hey, do you hide tokens without balance? try turning this option off in settings.

4 Likes

Not applicable.

Your response relates to setting up Chains/Networks.

My question relates to a Token (USDT) on an already existing Network (BSC), which shows many Tokens, just not USDT

2 Likes

No.

All zero balance Tokens show.

Also, for USDT I had a large (to me) balance, so $0 balance Tokens were showing + $XXX USDT never shows.

1 Like

Hi!,

When you look at your wallet on bscscan.com and copy/paste in your public wallet address to see what funds sit on your wallet on the BSC network , do you see your funds there? If so, what is the token name and address for funds you’re looking to add.

You can copy the token address by clicking on it, then copying ‘contract’ to us here on the forum. <—sorry if you know all this but figure it’s better to explain everything in case someone doesn’t know a step.

2 Likes

All these are answered above…

1. When you look at your wallet on bscscan.com and copy/paste in your public wallet address to see what funds sit on your wallet on the BSC network , do you see your funds there?

Yes. I can visit any swap service + see USDT associated with Blockchain Wallet address.

1. If so, what is the token name and address for funds you’re looking to add.

Er… Title says this already BSC USDT.

1. You can copy the token address by clicking on it, then copying ‘contract’ to use.

Nope.

That’s the entire point of this question.

Using any service, like CoinMarketCap, no longer works to fix this problem, as Tokens tend to disappear from MetaMask consistently, where the usual fix is just adding a Custom Token again, with the contract.

2 Likes

Hi @davidfavor ,

Sorry, to clarify, I’m asking you to copy the address for the ‘USDT tokens’ here into the forum. I’d like to see what’s the contract address related to those tokens.

Step 1: go to bscscan.com

Step 2: copy/paste in your public wallet address

Step 3: Look for your ‘USDT tokens’ here - are they showing up?

Step 4: if they are showing up, click on whatever is the token appearing in your wallet

Step 5: once you click on the token name, please copy and paste in this message on the forum what is the contract address appearing on BSCScan, from the same location as screenshot below.

Thanks!

4 Likes

The answer was yes, when I held USDT.

I don’t any more, so no USDT will show up.

That’s not the issue.

Having/Holding USDT != Seeing USDT Token in MetaMask.

All my 0 balance tokens are showing except USDT.

My questions is now to restore 0 balance USDT to show up.

So nothing to do with my wallet holdings, this is a BSC USDT Asset showing in MetaMask question.

1 Like

And now… USDT just magically appeared again… No action on my part for hours…

1 Like

Interesting, so if I’m following righyt you are saying you want to see the USDT token name in your wallet, even if your balance is $0. Can you confirm I’m following correctly?

My wallet doesn’t typically show $0 balance, even if I held the token prior. Unless of course it’s the native token for that network.

Thanks!

Hey @davidfavor, sorry to hear about the frustrations.

You can also submit a ticket to our support team at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a conversation to report the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.