LOST FUNDS: transferring funds to my metamask wallet

Hey guys can anyone of you guys help me recover my funds? I transferred my weth on polygon from my phantom to my MetaMask wallet.

Im not that great in MetaMask so im not sure if what i did was right. Up until now my funds aren’t in my MetaMask and its all my funds from investing in nft. Can i still retrieve my funds?

I’ve already submitted a ticket on MetaMask support but still haven’t heard from them. Hope to hear from you guys thank yoh so much.

5 Likes

Hello @DrinkyDinax, welcome to the MetaMask community,

To be able to see your WETH on Polygon network in your MetaMask wallet, you need to add its contract address to your MetaMask wallet. The WETH contract address on Polygon network is: 0x7ceb23fd6bc0add59e62ac25578270cff1b9f619

The following article can help you to add a custom token to your wallet.

7 Likes

I transferred from phantom to MetaMask directly. Is that right?

If no, is there a way for me to get my funds back?

1 Like

That is the right way :slight_smile: you should be good.

If you are nervous, you can confirm your address holds your funds by copying in your wallet address to https://polygonscan.com/ (you do not need to connect your wallet).

Have you switched to the Polygon network in your MetaMask? It defaults to Ethereum mainnet, but Polygon should be available for you to switch to.

4 Likes

Ohhh i see it now in my polygon mainnet. Should i press import so my weth be visible on my wallet?

1 Like

If you mean on the text at the bottom of your wallet, yes :smiley: .

Check out that article @Maryam shared, it’s super helpful too!

1 Like

I already did thank you so much! Lastly sir, is it safe if i hold my funds in my wallet?

If not can you help me on how do I transfer my WETH on polygon to ETH so i can transfer if to my binance?

Im new to MetaMask so i dont know who or where to ask so i can successfully transfer my funds. Hope you’d extend your patience on my queries😅

1 Like

Hey!

All good to ask here, this is why we are all here :smiley: .

MetaMask is a self-custodial wallet, so one key piece of safety is users being educated on how to stay safe. Going to drop some links at the end of this post so you can check out some tips. It might seem like a lot, but I highly recommend checking everything out to better educate yourself on self-custody and best safety practices.

Anytime you have an amount of funds or an asset which is important to you, it is recommended to use a hardware wallet as backup. MetaMask currently supports five lines of hardware wallet: AirGap Vault, Keystone, Lattice, Ledger and Trezor. These wallets are supported on Extension, and will be able to be added to Mobile in future updates. If you purchase a hardware wallet, only buy directly from the company and not a 3rd party vendor.

The top safety and security tips I’ll share are:

1. Be sure your Secret Recovery Phrase is written down somewhere safe offline (piece of paper). Keep it somewhere safe. Do not screenshot it or email it to yourself.

2. Never share your Secret Recovery Phrase, ever. This includes never inputting it on a site, pop-up window, or form requesting it (no matter how legit it looks - scams will try to impersonate MetaMask). You never have to sync your wallet, or upgrade. We do not have access to your assets. Also remember MetaMask will never initiate contact with you through email, be careful of scams.

3. Confirm the links you visit and contracts you approve are legitimate. Like with anything of value, there are bad actors in the space.

4. Keep all software up to date (including your MetaMask),

5. Use antivurs software and keep it current.

6. Make sure your passwords are well-chosen and protected.

7. Don’t open suspicious attachments or click unusual links in messages, browse the web safely and avoid visiting sites that offer potentially illicit content. Many of these sites install malware on the fly or offer downloads that contain malware.

Check out the links below -

More links for staying safe in web3 -

Information on Hardware Wallets:

5 Likes

Regarding sending assets to Binance, check out this article from our Knowledge Base and let us know what questions you have. One key piece to pay attention to is that you choose the right token address on the right chain to receive on Binance.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your time sir, Really appreciate it. Finally got my funds and its with me now.

Will spare some time to read the articles you sent also for my safety. Again, thank you so much sir

2 Likes

Your funds are safe in your personal wallet not binance. Use binance as bridge t buy from your bank and to trade but after making more in binance secure it in your wallet.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.