MetaMask browser extension doesn't update automatically

I use the MetaMask browser extension in Chrome, Edge and Brave.
In all these browsers the current version is 11.7.5 while the latest version seems to be 11.9.1.
Browser extensions should be updated automatically if I understand correct.
My pc is almost always on and the browser are all updated to the latest version.
Why then doesn’t the MetaMask extension not get updated automatically?

hi. Usually restarting the browser will automatically update your extensions.

If not, you can update it manually.
1, Activate Developer mode
2, Click Update

1 Like

Yeah, “usually”. Apparently not very often in real. Obviously I restart my browser regularly to get browser updates, but that doesn’t seem to update MetaMask extension.
I know I can update it manually but it is supposed to do automatically. So why doesn’t it?

You may have the feature turned off, see here on our Knowledge Base:

2 Likes

Obviously I checked that already. Like the article says, extension auto-updates can’t even be disabled in Chrome and Brave, and apparently also not in Edge. I don’t use Firefox. I checked the extension settings. They all look good.

Please reach out to MetaMask Support.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.