Metamask full desktop window with what seems to be a sketchy link

When I click on my MetaMask browser extension full window pops-up and it directs me to the page in the first screenshot. One thing I am worried about is if this link is legit at first I thought it’s a phishing/nesting link and if I enter my secret recovery phrase another person will be able to access my wallet. Later on I was browsing through MetaMask support posts and came across the same example of a link I am still unsure if the link that pops-up when MetaMask opens up in full window is legit. If someone can explain to me if this MetaMask window is legit or not and if it’s not which website link is legit. Thank you in advance… maybe I’ve confused you with my post a bit if I need to elaborate further I will. Maybe I’m just tripping out ha ha
One of my problems is that when I click this extension it instantly pops-up with this full window, usually when I click other wallet extensions (and even MetaMask if I correctly recall it) it pops-up a small window in top right. So, I tried to click the MM extension button again and I noticed that window pops-up for a split second and closes and redirects me to this page. Would love to get some advice on how to fix this and if I have some malware what would be the best way to get rid of this problem.

That’s how extension links look like. As long as you downloaded the extension through official sources, such as metamask.io, you should be ok.

3 Likes

I was trying to connect my MetaMask wallet to Cat Arbitrage and thought I was connected to the Officical Telegram group. It was a fake with this same MetaMask page. I had all of my BNB transfered out to and unauthorized address. Any idea if I can get my BNB back?

It was a fake with this same MetaMask page. I had all of my BNB transfered out to and unauthorized address.

Does the transaction show success on the blockchain explorer?
If it is, there is no way to get it back.
Contact the support team for more professional advice and help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.