Metamask insufficient funds for gas * price + value: balance

Dear all,

I’m facing this issue when trying to use MetaMask, though I have multiple eth in my wallet.

I’m trying to bridge some eth using ZK official bridge, but I get this message:

"insufficient funds for intrinsic transaction cost [ See: https:/ /links.ethers.org/v5-errors-INSUFFICIENT_FUNDS ] (error={“details”:“insufficient funds for gas * price + value: balance 3991372976451988744, queued cost 3991319510068218914, tx bumped 3988122814296466594, overshot”.

I had a pending tx for few days, that I tried to erase this morning with custom nonce, and even with reseting my MetaMask activity. Tonight, the tx was finally canceled, but now I can’t bridge, and I can’t send myself or to another wallet any ETH with high fees (explorer doesn’t even display my tx…

Here is my public address:
0xb945077d5594f6DFda198DFCf926820e49e28dfe

Thanks for your help, I’m totally stuck…

1 Like

Hi friend!

It seems like you are trying to bridge 3.9865 ETH from Ethereum Mainnet to zkSync Era. However, there is an older pending TX that needs to be cancelled first before this one can go through.

This is the older pending TX: Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan

This older pending TX has a nonce value of “2”. To cancel it, you can send an empty TX to yourself with the the same nonce value (which is 2). Ensure that the gas fee is sufficient.

For more details please visit: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/360015489251-How-to-speed-up-or-cancel-a-pending-transaction

You can find details under the “Method 2: Custom nonce” section.

Feel free to asked questions if needed! :smiley:

3 Likes

Indeed you’re right… I’m a bit confused, because during the whole evening I couldn’t see anything on etherscan…
Plus the customised nonce is set to 2 by default, and I do all my tx with gas 10 x higher than standard…
What’s even weirder is that the pending tx was made on ZK… (on a now scam dex)
Will try again, thanks!

1 Like

That’s odd. Try it out and remember that you can always reach out to us here again if needed :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m sorry but it still does not work. I’m using like crazy gas settings trying to send a blank tx with the same nonce to erase the previous one, but it doesn’t work… Any other idea?

1 Like

Please don’t use crazy gas settings. There is no need for that.

2 Likes

If I was in your suggestion, then I would reset my MetaMask wallet. This is usually only recommended to do if a support team member suggests it though, but that’s what I would do. If you are not willing to do that, then I would try the same (as suggested in the previous post) on another browser.

Also please ensure that you are connected to the correct wallet address.

1 Like

The pending tx is now “dropped” again, but it was the same earlier in the evening… Will try again to bridge, but I really don’t understand. Will probably reset MetaMask if it doesn’t work but it’s specially annoying to reconfig all chains… Will see. Thanks sir

I can see that it was indeed dropped. Sweet! How did you make it work? Now all you have to do is bridge again and set the gas fee sufficiently high so the TX goes through. What I usually do is just go to “30 Gwei | Ethereum Gas Tracker | Etherscan” and then put the gas fee to whatever the avg gwei is. Don’t lose hope fren, you got this! :smiley:

1 Like

Actually it was already dropped earlier, and got back to pending then… So I’m not sure it will work. When using the ZK bridge, it triggers the same error again… :upside_down_face:

Which exact bridge are you using?

1 Like

txsync, official one from ZK

Right! It should work though, cause the issue was this pending TX that was almost 5 days old and now that is gone. However, you can also use another bridge. MetaMask also allows for bridging directly in the wallet. Choose whichever option works best for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, I already tried different bridges, don’t work. I also just tried to send 0 eth again with different nonces, doesn’t work. Plus again, the tx was also dropped earlier today, but got back to pending later… Not sure the issue is fixed (almost sure it is not actually). Thanks anyway.

Well in that case I would consider resetting my wallet or trying on another browser. If you wish then you can get in touch with the support team aswell:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

3 Likes

Thanks! Will contact them.

1 Like

Please select only ethereum first project. There are many more tokens on Ethereum best projects

Can we use gas money from portfolios?

To pay for gas and transactions?

Have you tried bridging portfolio tokens, nfts and coins to main app screen accounts and tokens?

Bridging or swapping transfers tokens, nfts, & coins from portfolios to main accounts screens and those tokens?

Hi @PrinceHoHVonVan
MetaMask Portfolio is a dapp that lets you view your MetaMask accounts and their assets in one place, and buy, swap, bridge, and stake your assets. Its simply reflection of your wallet balances.

If you hold gas token of any network, it will allow you to use gas money for transactions in that network. For example, if you hold ETH in linea network, it will be reflected into MetaMask wallet /portfolio and this ETH can be used for gas fees in linea network.

2 Likes