Missing funds from Metmask - SELF transactions?

Not sure where are you asking me to look.
What i have is what is on Etherscan.

I for one only wanted to pay $10 for the switch. ONCE. Not 4 times. Whenever there were fees higher i rejected them and eventually placed the $10 limit. Next morning i woke up with the switched completed but the other 4 transactions as well!
Not sure what was pending and why 4 times. There was only ONE switch of DAI. There was no reason for the system to do 4 different transactions as there were NO 4 transaction. This makes no sense.
Please assist in recovering those SELF transactions, whatever they are. I for one didn’t place them.

Thanks,

Andy Dollinger

Skype - dollinger.andy

Andy Dollinger

Skype - dollinger.andy

Still waiting for your reply.

Andy Dollinger

Skype - dollinger.andy

Not sure where are you asking me to look.
What i have is what is on Etherscan.

I for one only wanted to pay $10 for the switch. ONCE. Not 4 times. Whenever there were fees higher i rejected them and eventually placed the $10 limit. Next morning i woke up with the switched completed but the other 4 transactions as well!
Not sure what was pending and why 4 times. There was only ONE switch of DAI. There was no reason for the system to do 4 different transactions as there were NO 4 transaction. This makes no sense.
Please assist in recovering those SELF transactions, whatever they are. I for one didn’t place them.

Thanks,

Andy Dollinger

Skype - dollinger.andy

Andy Dollinger

Skype - dollinger.andy

Sorry to hear the issue still persists :frowning:

If you would like, you can send a ticket to our support team here:

https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I did.
No one bothers to get back to me.

Ticket #488409 .

No one has replied to my ticket either and it’s been over 1 month. WTF over?

Just got an answer from Avax staff:

So this means that if you decide to cancel a switch between networks ( in my case DAI on eth to DAI on avax ) you’re still being charged???

Yeah cancelling transactions cost gas. The “cancel” is actually a new SELF transaction with the same nonce value. Nonce starts from 0 and increases by 1 with every new transaction. The cancel actually just replaces the transaction that is pending with the same nonce value and higher gas fee so the other transaction fails. I think this problem is now solved

Wait… This is insane… Sorry but this just doesn’t make sense…
So if i don’t want to pay the gas fees shown for a transaction and i cancel the transaction i still pay for it??? This is a total ripoff/ theft! How can you charge someone if they refuse a ridiculous high fee?
No where in the app it’s specified that you pay fees NO MATTER WHAT.
What’s the point of previewing the fee if you still pay it if you cancel the transaction? This is a joke.

Rejecting a transaction does not cost anything, but cancelling pending one does. Sorry if i was confusing

Ok so i was rejecting. It was a Reject button.
Now what? Who can reimburse the missing funds and find out what happened?

The following is the official answer i got from your support:

What Metamask is basically saying is that even if Metamask takes money from you by mistake ( let’s not call it theft ), they will not reimburse cause i quote, " The nature of the blockchain is irreversible." Are you guys for real?

Maybe if i complain to BBB, Attorney General, IC3 and San Francisco Police Department’s Financial Crimes Unit, maybe, just maybe, you’ll come to your sense and find a solution!

Besides from 0.875% fee from using MetaMask Swaps, there are no fees for using the MetaMask wallet. All fees are from the network, such as gas costs, and not directly charged by MetaMask.