Mobile app doesn't show new connection to Binance Smart Chain

On my PC I connected my MetaMask wallet to Binance Smart Chain but the app on my phone doesn’t allow me to change over to the new network, I can only do that on my computer. The app doesn’t show anything different, when I click on “Ethereum Network” at the top it shows me a list:

• Ethereum Main Network
  • Kovan Test Network
  • Kinkeby Test Network
  • Goerli Test Network

but “Smart Chain” (the name I used for BNB network) doesn’t show up. It only shows up on my computer.

Why hasn’t the app updated this new information?

Hi Batman :smiley: @dgodfrey read this post :point_down: must add BSC manually

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for contributing your knowledge, @Luigi.

I found this thread to partially correspond with the problem I’ve been facing. See, I did all the steps you indicated, but unfortunately it didn’t work for me. So I opened a new topic. However, I am not satisfied with some solutions that have been proposed to us. That’s why I’m writing you here.

Below I contextualize the problem. I tried to detail as best I could. Thank you in advance for your help.

I use the Metamask mobile app. Once the BSC network has been added and saved, whenever I switch for example to the Ethereum network and later need to access the BSC network again (previously saved), the system does not show the BSC network in the list of networks. Ss mentioned above, the Ethereum Main Network, Ropsten Test Network, Kovan Test Network, Kinkeby Test Network, and Goerli Test Network are shown, but the BSC network does not appear in this list (remember it was saved earlier). Note that we are talking about the mobile app and not the browser extension. The curious thing here is that when accessing “settings” > “network”, the BSC network credentials appear, but it is impossible to select it in the wallet. In order for me to be able to view my funds on the BSC network, I need to go to “settings” > “network”, remove the BSC network and then register and save it again. It is necessary to repeat this procedure whenever I need to switch from the BSC network to another network. Does this happen to anyone else? Could you guide me on how to solve it? It’s embarrassing to have to remove and register again every time. It becomes unfeasible.

Note: I created my wallet from the mobile app because I only have mobile access.

Thank you very much if any advanced user can contribute.

I checked your post :point_down: ignore all walletsvalidation pages (it’s a scam)

Hmm that’s weird :thinking: scroll down not working?

Scroll down

What is your phone and operating system?
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app?

But first: Export an Account Private Key https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015289632-How-to-Export-an-Account-Private-Key
and Save your Secret Recovery Phrase https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015290032-How-to-reveal-your-Secret-Recovery-Phrase

1 Like

Now it worked, @Luigi!
I installed it again and it seems to be flowing fine. Thank you very much for your attention.

And thanks for ignoring the fraudulent ones. If you find it convenient, you can delete the thread.

I take this opportunity to ask you: is it advisable to use Metamask in the mobile app synchronized with the browser’s Metamask (extension)? Or is it better to create a separate wallet to use in PC browser?

@jvnovo I’m glad it works now :slightly_smiling_face: heh hard question :smiley: for less chaos use one MetaMask seed.

1 Like

@Luigi , since I already have Metamask installed on my mobile (it was the first and only time I installed it, I never had Metamask extension on PC) and I want to sync with the extension, how do I proceed? Because I only find suggestions for those who initially, at first, configured the Metamask extension and after that want to synchronize with the mobile app. I would like a tip for the opposite way: for those who registered their wallet first in the mobile app, how to synchronize with the browser extension?

Once again, thank you so much for your attention.

@jvnovo the opposite procedure does not work (not exist) :smiley: will show you this error:

1 Like

For now it’s running ok here, Luigi.
Only the sync of the extension with the cell phone is unavailable at this time. Other than that it’s ok.
Thanks for your support, Luigi.

1 Like