My metamask has become very slow

Description:
My MetaMask has become very slow, it takes about three seconds to open a wallet and load it, 15 seconds to switch wallets to bring up the list of wallets, and if I select a wallet it takes that long again, why is that? I have created about 30 wallets. Using chrome/macbook air/version is 11.14.4
Purpose:

Extension/Mobile/Both:

Images/Attacments:

Is your browser also updated to the latest version?

1 Like

Based on my experience, the following may help:
• Restart browser
• If your browser has multiple extensions running, try turning off some that you don’t use frequently.
• If you have multiple browsers open at the same time, try closing some that you don’t use frequently.
• Running your Mac computer for a long time without shutting down may also cause slow expansion. Save your current work and then restart your computer.

1 Like

My browser is the latest version and I don’t think it’s just me, I asked a lot of people inside my group and a lot of people said that MetaMask has become very slow and they are now using okx wallet but I don’t trust the newer wallets so I’m still leaning towards MetaMask but I think it’s a problem and that the team should explore what’s the cause of this. I have three computers with MetaMask and other wallets installed, when the wallets were first installed I thought they were about the same speed, but as I use them, MetaMask always becomes slower than the other wallets. I have firefox and chrome, where my firefox browser only has the MetaMask extension installed, not any other wallets, and he’ll be slightly faster than my chrome MetaMask extension on the same computer. My question is: my chrome has many wallets, but why is MetaMask the slowest of these, since they all run in the same environment.

Yes, my browser is up to date

I agree that installing more extensions may affect how fast MetaMask runs, and also the number of wallets created affects his speed as well, since that’s what I compared it to, but what I’m asking is, same browser, same computer, same number of wallets (and I have almost 30 wallets on my okx) why is MetaMask always slower. This will make a lot of people to choose another wallet (my friend told me to use rabby or okx…)

Sorry for the inconvenience. please contact the support team for help.

• Visit : https://support.metamask.io/
  • Click the large blue “start a conversation” bubble in the upper middle of page, looks like this:

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

1 Like