MetaMask slow to unlock and use

I use the MetaMask browser extension in Chrome, Edge and Brave. On all these browsers it takes about 10 seconds for the MetaMask window to pop up. This is for unlocking, switching networks, doing transactions, etc.

I have already tried the following recommended actions:

• disabling and enabling the extension
  • removing unneeded accounts
  • remove unneeded chains & testnets
  • clearing the browser cache

All this hasn’t helped.
The last thing that remains to do is to “clear the activity tab data”. However, according to MetaMask, this is not something that normal users should need to do. Also it says it resets the nonce. I don’t understand this. Isn’t the nonce supposed to always keep increasing? If it gets reset to 0 again, can you still do transactions and will these then get nonces starting from 0 on the blockchain?? Can this cause any problems?

I hope MetaMask can come up with a solution to this problem. Other users have reported this as well but it seems to get ignored. It makes the MetaMask wallet completely useless for serious use as it makes every transaction take much more time to process. If there isn’t a solution for this problem within 2 months or so, I will switch to another wallet and never come back.

1 Like

hi. I saw your other post.
If your extension is not the latest version, try upgrading it.
If you have other extensions enabled that you don’t use frequently, you can disable them.

2 Likes

Was anything fixed after 11.7.5 that could solve this? (I checked the change log, doesn’t seem like it). Actually I have been having this problems for years (and reported it 3 times already).

Btw, I can’t update the extension at all in Edge. I clicked on the Update button, it says “extensions updated” but the MetaMask extension is still the old version.

Please forward this issue (about MetaMask being slow to pop up) and my other post about updating to Development so they can fix it.

The latest version of Chrome is 11.9.0 , edge is 11.7.5. They were released at the same time and their functions should be similar.

Please forward this issue (about MetaMask being slow to pop up) and my other post about updating to Development so they can fix it.

Thanks for your feedback, the team will see it and optimize it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. What about “clear the activity tab data” and the nonce (as I mentioned above)? Can you advice me on that?

It should have nothing to do with the nonce.
you can try clearing activity data. read this first.

If it doesn’t work, contact the support team, they will help you.

• This will connect you to a bot at first, answer some questions and it will open a ticket for you with an agent.

Remember - NOBODY, including from support, will ask for your secret recovery phrase or for you to input it onto any website for confirmation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.