My Snap is stuck

I recently used the snap Zion, I had BTC sent to Zion. $50.00 USD.
When I tried to transfer this BTC to my exchange it is stalled in the system.
I have screenshots. The Transaction is stalled and has been stalled now for some two weeks.
Has anyone come across this situation, and if so how do I rectify?

By stalled do you mean it shows as Pending on MetaMask?

If so, try out these steps on our Knowledge Base:

1 Like

Good Morning, it is shown as pending on Zion, I have attached screenshots attached.

I tried to send from Zion to Swiftx, (Australian Exchange) lucky it’s only $50 USD. I thought I’d try a small transaction in and out of Zion, just didn’t go as planned and I don’t know why.

Chirs

Please reach out to the Zion team, you can contact them via the Contact button on this page:

3 Likes

I have experienced the same exact failure. (on 12-11-2023)
It appears to result in an indefinite Pending State

I use the words “indefinite” by virtue of the fact that BlueDaimler’s Transactions is still not found, over a month later.

I did notice a curious event, tha perhaps BlueDaimler could check and confirm:
My BTC Receive Address spontaneously changed, although the Settings are set to Static.
The change occurred after my Send Transaction, as the Address matches the (just prior) Receive.

I am starting to wonder if this could be the Root Cause.

Lost $43 USD, and at least one other person who posted on Github (I posted after him)

Have you reached out to the Zion team? If not please see the link I shared above.

1 Like

I just emailed them, thank you.
If they resolve the issue, I’ll be sure to post the Solution for others.

Here’s my set of screenshots as well (that I did forward to Accountlabs).

My appols, I found in my Junk bin, yes my issue was resolved, I reached out to the Zion team as recommended, they were able to work at the back end of their app, they then emailed me I followed their instructions. It appears I was trying to withdraw 100%, instead of 99% to provide sufficient for gas fees. They were great.

Chris

Would you like me to post my resolution? If so where do you want me to post?

Chris

image001.png

1 Like

Hello, mu issue was resolved by ZION, I didn’t leave emough for gas fees was my problem. Don’t know how that is going to work in the future as the snap, should really integrate with MM so there is sufficient to meet gas fees using the snap. Hope that makes sense.

But I can say you guys and ZZION were great.

Chris

image001.png

1 Like

That would be terrific BlueDaimler!!

Thanks so much for your quick reply.
It makes a lot of sense with respect to the Fees.

Hopefully they will include a Cancel Button or similar in a future release.

Hi my appols found in Junk Bin, did you post the solution? Mind you my issue was gas fees.

Chris

image001.png

Hi appols found in Juk Bin. My issue was gas fees. MM and the ZION snap don’t seem to work together. I had sufficient in MM for Gas fees however, I needed to leave some btc (1%) for Gas fee. That was my only issue, it was easily resolved with the assistance of ZION and MM.

Chris

image001.png

Hi BlueDaimler,
I’m waiting on an initial response to my email, which I’ve only just sent within the last 30 mins.
It appears that I encountered the same exact situation.
I had clicked on the Max Button within the Send Panel, and left the Fee as Medium.

The only difference is that I do not have any Balance within MetaMask to cover Gas Fees.

How exactly did Zion resolve your issue?
Did they Cancel your Send as it was never sent to the Mempool anyway?

Hi, ZION just informed me to leave some BTC.

I left sufficient I believe >1% at most. Tell you the truth I can’t exactly tell you how much.

I think I did some mathematical work to see how much I could leave for Gas fees, I think I looked at the fees, then cut and paste into google to calculate the quantum needed. Ie if the gas fee was 1 GWEI it would equal one-billionth of one ETH.

Then from there I could convert ETH to BTC and I went from there.

I hope that helps. I can tell you though Meta Mask (MM) and Zion (Z) were pretty proactive, I had my problem resoled within two days once I contacted MM, they contacted Z, Z contacted me by email gave me the solution and I followed their instructions.

Don’t hesitate to contact me again if you wish.

Chris

image001.png

Hi, I think they need better integration so if we have BNB, BTC or ETH in Meta Mask, the Zion App would then through integration notice MM has sufficient to pay for gas fee so you can get 100% of BTC out of the ZION App.

Still for all it’s faults it’s a terrific idea.

Chris

image001.png

1 Like