My wallet does not show values in dollars for any token, nor in balance neither in gas fees window

I cannot see the conversion to $$ in my wallet from 2 weeks ago. This happens in all my computers, so is not a software issue. in the setup windows it says “No currency conversion date available” and other days says “reached rate limit” and other days says “upgrade your account”
I am using last extension version. One computer is safari other two computers are chrome.
All connected to same ethernet at my home.
The most strange thing is this: if I connect my laptop to my mobile data through sharing wifi from mobile to laptot IT WORKS PREFECTLY. If I come back to the home wifi, it does not work

So it seems I have overpassed some conversion rate and my IP is blocked for that reason in the API used by MetaMask for obtaining conversion rate.

This happens in all blockains (bnb eth matic …)

Support team is not solving my problem. Does the community have any solution?

Thanks

3 Likes

Things I have done:

• reset the router
  • reinstalling dapp
  • delete all cookies

nothing works

1 Like

Hello @rob1, welcome to MetaMask community!

The upgrade your account thing sounds scammy. Are you sure you’re using the right MetaMask extension? You can add it from metamask.io to make sure it’s the official one for whatever supported browser you’re on and want to add it too. Have you also tried other browsers? Here’s an article on how to make sure the extension gets updated in case there are issues there.

3 Likes

Hello, yes, my extension is the official one.
now appears this message
You are over your rate limit please upgrade your account!

I have been using MetaMask for more than 2 years, not new. And it works properly for swaps, sending and so on.

And the “rate limit” does not sound strange since I beleive I have passed some rate due to I use a lot MetaMask, in three computers at same time (different blockchain each) almost all day long (except when I sleep hahaha)

1 Like

And also please note that if I move my internet connection from ethernet to my mobile data sharing wifi from mobile, it works showing the conversion to $$

1 Like

version 10.24.1 is mine. Is the latest. This is not the problem.

Where do MetaMask obtain the conversion data?? this is my problem I guess

1 Like

Do you use a VPN? If so, can you disable it and check again?

3 Likes

I have never heard about this error before, but doing a search I can see others have had the same problem and for some, it was the VPN that did it. As @Chinzilla say, try to turn your VPN off, if you use one.

3 Likes

I don’t use VPN. I have not made nothing different from last months. Suddenly it started like this, without $$

1 Like

I insist in this: same computer, changing the internet connection from ethernet to mobile, it works

1 Like

my problem is still unsolved

1 Like

Hello, Please check your laptops to make sure that there is no malware installed. The malware “may” affect only the laptops WiFi.

2 Likes

I have also searched and found that users reported the same issue both under MetaMask and CryptoCompare. In MetaMask it happened both with VPN and without a VPN.

3 Likes

Finally I have solved it by myself.
Let me share the problem, mine, and from everyone

INFURA is the provider of connection between MetaMask and blockchain. And there are some kind of limits. In fact Infura is selling packages with higher limits.

I have managed with my internet provider a change of my IP public, and magically, now I can see the $$ conversion in my wallet.

So, SOLVED.

4 Likes

I’m happy to hear that you managed to find the solution :+1: I still don’t get why your IP was blocked by INFURA, so that you could not get your MetaMask to connect to the blockchain. But great job :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Then, the issue was related to the IP and you could resolve it by changing your IP using a VPN too.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.