New address detected message(s)

Since yesterday when i try to collect rewards on various daps i get this message “New address detected! Click here to add to your address book”. Is there anyway to validate if the address i am expected to add is actually related for example to Pancakeswap?

In an other Telegram group someone suggested this was the result of a Metamask update. I doubt that is true as i use Metamask for years and i never had this before. I hope someone recognizes this.

3 Likes

The only thing I have in mind is that the dApp is a bridge chain or crosschain exchange that see your new added chain???
Just a guess but my buddy advice do not authorize that until you clarify better… Can you see the address of this new phantom wallet? Is same of your MM wallet?
Ciao

1 Like

PS what about Token AllowanceTracker or wallet permission check tool? Is there any smart contract that has Unlimited authorization on your wallet?
Ciao

1 Like

did you find a solution ??
im facing the same

1 Like

A friend told me it was nothing to worry about so i ended up doing transactions as before. It has been over a week and in every transaction that annoying message is shown but no negative things happened. All my coins are still there.

1 Like

I have the same issue but the address has other coins that are not mine. This looks wrong… did you find out anything?

1 Like