Nft , cash out error

I have tried to connect my wallet to the nft I received and it is telling me that nft was never sent to that wallet.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the MetaMask community,

By connecting your wallet to NFT, do you mean selecting/viewing the NFT?
If you can not view NFTs in your wallet (MetaMask extension currently does not support viewing NFTs) check the block explorer to see if you have received it?
Please let us know if you have any questions in this regard.

7 Likes

Following Maryam1’s reply, you can also check which chain your NFT is on.
Ethereum, BSC, Polygon, Optimism, Arbitration…

6 Likes

Hi @Dunderdan
In addition to the information @Maryam and @tuya have kindly provided, you can also check these articles on how to add/view an NFT in your MetaMask wallet:

5 Likes

My Coinbase wallet. Has a nft in it said I was randomly selected and it’s worth 1000$usd. When I click the link to go to the giveaway n put my 12 word phrase in it says it was never sent there

1 Like

Polygon it says in my Coinbase wallet. That is where it is located in my assets under nfts

1 Like

The link for the MetaMask giveaway is definitely a scam. Did you provide them with your MetaMask Secret Recovery Phrase? :frowning:

If YES, It would be best if you contacted the customer support team at https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and click Start a conversation.

Once you click Start a conversation a live chat bot will appear on your screen. It will give you an automated response at first, but afterwards you should be able to contact the support team directly.

Also please read the following article to understand more of how these type of scams happen.

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Airdrop NFTs sent in your wallet are mostly scam. Do NOT interact with them at all. Your wallet will be compromised if you interact with them.
Please refer to the link shared by @Urban.Moods for more information in this regard.

7 Likes

@Dunderdan, so sorry this has happened to you.

I have removed the link you shared since this is a scam. I’ve also reported it as a scam.

Never, under any circumstance share your secret recovery phrase. This includes with pop-up windows that might actually look legit but they are not. Nobody, including support or another website should ever ask for your secret recovery phrase.

The customer Help Desk is typically for MetaMask wallet support. It sounds like you aren’t using MetaMask but using another wallet.

Since your wallet is now compromised, you should stop using it all together and start using a new one. To protect yourself in the future, also consider getting a Hardware Wallet for protection, it is like an extra layer of lock and keys. I’ve also attached a KB article regarding this.

The ‘Common scams and how to avoid them’ MetaMask Knowledge Base article @Urban.Moods is really helpful!! Sharing one more below to go along with it (and hte hardware wallet article) :

6 Likes