Other options for on-ramp solution

I see Wyre, Transak, and Moonpay are supported for crypto on-ramp solutions but these platforms don’t provide more affordable exchange rates and more payment options, particularly for SE Asian countries. Could you please support other on-ramp providers? I have a few in mind that would be beneficial for Asian users.

2 Likes

+1
I would like to see more local payment methods for users in India, Thailand, Indonesia, and Philippines.

2 Likes

Welcome to the metamask community, thanks for your interest in metamask
because the companies we partner with cannot operate in every jurisdiction, as their operations are affected by varying laws and regulations. I think in the future metamask will explore cooperation with more companies and support purchases in more countries/regions

5 Likes

@xf0707 Can I know whom should I reach out to integrate new on-ramp providers? I can send the pull request myself for the update.

3 Likes

@srameshr
Sorry, I don’t know, moderators may answer your question when they see it. The legal currency channel needs to follow the laws of each country. Metamask only works with companies that are compliant and have been deeply involved in crypto for many years. Cooperation involves too much financial regulation. , this is difficult to achieve, purely personal opinion, discuss with you

2 Likes

Hey @srameshr, moved this topic to the Feature Requests category, and if you would like to request specific on-ramp providers, you can also create a new topic for it as a feature request.

As @xf0707 mentioned, there needs to be significant time and consideration for the on-ramp providers integrated with MetaMask.

good metamast system

3 Likes
2 Likes

@nakedwinnie Please check TransFi
I love using them and its a pretty nice tool.

4 Likes

@nakedwinnie I can send a PR if that’s permitted.

1 Like

Integrating with on-ramp providers is on a case-by-case basis, if you would like to create a new topic to request an on-ramp provider you have in mind, you can do so here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok, @nakedwinnie.

Is there a format for a feature request? What information would you need? Il get them all together and create a new thread or reply to this thread.

I saw a PR raised for other on-ramp solution like Transak on this MetaMask PR: 5550

2 Likes

Yup, thanks for asking! :slight_smile:

The format is automatically provided in a template when you create a new topic in the Feature Requests category. You are also free to make a PR on GitHub.

2 Likes

Hi @nakedwinnie The PR is complete for the chrome plugin. Can I just raise a PR. You would need API keys from TransFi Can you please get one?

@nakedwinnie Can you please tell me the checklist you need to go through before onboarding a new on-ramp provider? I want TransFi to be included in MetaMask because TransFi supports local payment methods to on-ramp like Gopay, Duitnow, Google Pay etc.

1 Like

Hey @srameshr, the team has to carefully and diligently who is integrated as an on-ramp provider. You may also be interested in MetaMask Snaps where this may be able to be developed externally:

1 Like

I love snaps. But, I think it would be better for the product as a whole if its in the wallet by default. Can you please help me get in touch with someone from the core team who can vet TransFi and then make a decision? The local payment methods on-ramp is a game changes

If you would like, you can similarly submit a PR on GitHub for a team member to review it

2 Likes

Ok, will do it first thing tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Hi Srameshr, would you mind sharing what you are having in mind that are better?