Problem transferring ETH from metamask to coinbase

Hello,

I have made a transfer from my MetaMask wallet to coinbase but I haven’t received anything on Coinbase, I don’t even have a trace of the transfer on Coinbase. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much! Here are the details

Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi friend! The transfer has successfully been verified on the BNB smart chain. Funds have been sent to the following address: 0x3e3EFe784DbC9BbAAB0a3F2CBF0153F6448dCffa
Please reach out to the coinbase support team, as it is now up to them to fund your coinbase account. Also are you certain that coinbase supports eth deposits on bnb smart chain?

2 Likes

I’m not sure I thought I had transferred my normal ETH from my MetaMask portfolio to my coinbase portfolio. How can I verify that Coinbase supports ETH deposit on the bnb smart chain?

Thanks a lot for the answer, I can see a bit more clearly what I did.

I do not believe that coinbase support deposits from BNB smart chain. The next step would be to get in touch with the coinbase support team and ask if there is a chance of recovering your funds.
There is a chance that the funds will be available on your wallet if coinbase supports BEP20 in the future, but that’s a big ‘if’.

1 Like

I’ve just contacted them, I’m waiting for their reply, thank you very much, I hope I haven’t lost my funds! I’ll keep you posted

1 Like

Crossing my fingers for you, but in these type of cases the exchange usually always says that the funds can be considered as lost. The only hope for the user in that case is that the exchange supports the chain in the future.
It is a big issue that exchanges can’t recover these funds because it happens all the time that users send funds to a chain that is not supported. Hopefully the issue gets resolved in the future.

1 Like

Yes I guess, I’m still a novice in this field. This is a good lesson and I hope others come across this post to avoid making the same mistake I did! Thanks for everything friend!

Here’s Coinbase’s response:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your “receive” transaction. It seems that the network is experiencing an abnormally high load due to an excessive number of transactions.

Because it’s a decentralized network beyond the control of any single entity. Other wallets/services may also experience transaction delays and require additional confirmations before a balance is considered valid.

As soon as the network is no longer congested, normal transaction processing times will resume on the network.

If you have entered the correct address and used the correct network, you should receive ETH shortly.

Don’t worry, our team is aware of the problem and we’re working to get everything back to normal.

2 Likes

My pleasure friend! :people_hugging:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.