Tried to send BNB from MM to Coinbase ETH

So I tried to send a relatively small amount of BNB from Metamask to my Coinbase ETH wallet, and I think I’ve made a mistake!

So metamask was connected to the binance smart chain. I had approx $50 that I wanted to move. I entered my Coinbase wallet address and went through the options.

The transaction shows as being successful, as in, in MM under Activity, it shows transaction Created, Transaction Submitted, Transaction Confirmed.

However, no coins received in Coinbase. If I search etherscan for the Coinbase wallet address it just shows a balance of $0 and no transactions. However, there is a button which says ‘this address was also used on BSC’. If I click that link, I can see the wallet in bsc with the correct amount of $US in it.

I just don’t know how to access the coins! How do I now connect this wallet to MM or something which will allow me to transfer these coins out?

Many thanks.

Hi @addyman. Welcome to the community page!

I’ve previously seen similar cases and found that Coinbase isn’t able to receive transactions done on the Binance Smart Chain network, so your funds might be lost. I’m sorry for the bad news.
Still, I would advise you to reach out to Coinbase’s support and ask if they can help you with this issue.