Recovering imported accounts from local files

Hello,

Please help me to restore my accounts.

Situation:

1. I had metamask with some accounts generated by main seed (I do have access to seed)
  2. In addition I had IMPORTED accounts to metamask

My PC started to crash, lag and bug all the time and at some point I were not able to access metamask. But I was successful at copying of all local extension files (in the folder nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn)

Unfortunately I dont have private keys or seed phrase for IMPORTED accounts. Accounts were imported by private keys.

Question - is there possibility to restore IMPORTED accounts from local extension folder files? If so - how do I do it?

P.s. I will give a 500$ bounty to anyone who can help me out on this.

Thanks and regards.

Hi @pierseek I hope you not reinstalled it :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll try to help you… when something :bulb: occurs to me.

Hi, I am not loosing hope and really hope that you can help me out. In exchange, I will be glad to provide mentioned bounty and I will be REALLY thankful to you.

Can you please advise - should we move to private channel of communication or how do we do it?

And I do have all the local files from nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn folder (if that is what you are asking for)

Hi @pierseek !

It should work.

Step 1. Install MetaMask to Edge browser

Step 2. Go to
C:\Users\ your_user \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn

Step 3. Delet all files and put the files from Chrom’s nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn folder

Step 4. Open MetaMask extension and sign-in with your usual password.

Hmm… @pierseek It could be

C:\Users\ your_user \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\ejbalbakoplchlghecdalmeeeajnimhm folder

Just verify.

Also verify if your session is default by intering edge://version/
like in the screenshot :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.