Restoration using a secret phrase

Only one account number is restored. The rest of the accounts created in this wallet are absent.
???

Hi @user723, welcome to MetaMask community!

You need to add them yourself. They will be added in the same order as before, up to however many you had.

3 Likes

how can i add them? I’m restoring a wallet, not individual account numbers.

Or do I need to click “Create an account” and then the old accounts will be added?

1 Like

Hi

Do you have 1 seed phrase with many accounts under that single seed phrase ?

Maybe this can help you https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/360015489271-How-to-add-missing-accounts-after-restoring-with-Secret-Recovery-Phrase

7 Likes

If you restored your MetaMask wallet and are only seeing one account, there are a few things you can try to sort this out:

1. Check if you used the correct seed phrase: When restoring your wallet, you should have been prompted to enter your seed phrase (a series of 12 or 24 words) to recover your accounts. Make sure you entered the correct seed phrase, as even a single incorrect word can result in a different set of accounts being restored.
  2. Check your account history: It’s possible that your other accounts were not restored automatically, but they may still exist in your account history. Click on the account icon in the top right corner of the MetaMask extension and select “Account Details” to view your account history. If you see any other accounts listed here, you can select them to switch to that account.
  3. Add your missing accounts manually: If your other accounts are not appearing in your account history, you may need to add them manually. Click on the account icon in the top right corner of the MetaMask extension and select “Create Account”. You can repeat this process to add additional accounts.

If none of these solutions work, it’s possible that your other accounts were lost during the restoration process. In this case, you may need to import your accounts using the private keys or JSON files associated with each account. However, be careful when handling private keys and make sure to keep them secure to avoid any potential security issues.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.